Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
For those my friends and those of you who believe ALL will be saved, I have a question . . .

If it were proven to you, and shown to you by Jesus Christ Himself, that all will Not be Saved . . .

Would you still love and worship God?
I think you have your answer in their responses - NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If Jesus came to me and told me He was not going to save all mankind I'd ask Him how I can trust Him or trust God for lying all these thousands of years in the bible.

I'd ask Him why He told Christians for two thousand years to teach specifically that God will save all mankind because Christ ransomed them and teach that God is ever human's Saviour as He told me to teach in 1 Timothy 4:11.

I'd ask Him why He lied about Romans 5:18,19 how that He said all mankind would be made righteous and justified.

I'D ask Him why He lied about God being All in all in the future.

And among many other such questions I'd ask Him to step down from His kingship because a king who deceives is not worthy of worship nor worthy of any following.
Who are you to even think of asking Christ these questions as if YOU are the one to be answered to?

He is the center of everything - not you - not universal reconciliation.

If you truly knew the character of God you would NEVER ask why He lied about anything - because HE DOES NOT LIE.

If you ask Him anything - it should be "where did I misunderstand You?"

You - and people who believe as you do - really need to check yourself and what or whom you believe to be number one in your theology.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:41 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From the OP...

I think you have your answer in their responses - NO.

Right, I would not worship the God that would not do what he states he will do.

Simple to me. God says he will save all mankind. So when people show up to declare that he will not, then I will not worship that God, but will continue to worship the God who will.

The God who cannot save all mankind can be defeated since it is obvious mans will is stronger since that God moves out of the way for it.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Right, I would not worship the God that would not do what he states he will do.

Simple to me. God says he will save all mankind. So when people show up to declare that he will not, then I will not worship that God, but will continue to worship the God who will.

The God who cannot save all mankind can be defeated since it is obvious mans will is stronger since that God moves out of the way for it.
So what you are saying is your allegiance is really not to God - but to a particular outcome.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
So what you are saying is your allegiance is really not to God - but to a particular outcome.

I said exactly what I meant to say.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,653 times
Quote:
I could ask a similar question. If your father told you he planned to kill and torture a bunch of people, and that he had already done it many times before, would you still love him? What kind of a Yes-or-No question it that? If you always loved your dad before, but now he's not the person you thought he was, what are you supposed to feel? You could keep on loving him the same as always, or decide he is not someone you can love, or you could have mixed feelings. The whole thread was a weird question that was set up to try to trap UR people into saying something about their feelings that might seem to discredit their love for God.

A better question for us would be, what we think the reason is that we loved God so much before, when we thought he was killing and torturing our fellow man. I ask myself that question and I'm not sure. Denial? I'm just not sure, but I did love him before and I love him more now.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
No, what we are saying is that the God we are attuned to is the God of Love as described in 1 John 4. The gospel that Jesus preached is contrary to the one that claims humans are burned for eternity. That means the Jesus that says not all are saved would be a false Jesus.... but still God has not changed.

He was merciful in the OT: "his mercy endures FOREVER" Psalm 100; Psalm 105; Psalm 106:1; Psalm 107:1; Psalm 117; Psalm 118; Psalm 136; 1 Chr. 16:34-41; 2 Chr. 7; 2 Chr. 5; 2 Chr. 20:21; Jer. 33:11; Ezra 3:11;

Psalm 100:5 For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting And His faithfulness to all generations.

If Jesus preached that God's lovingkindness, mercy, love or faithfulness ends then he is not the same Jesus who was the image of God!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I said exactly what I meant to say.
Right - You indicated that there would be a circumstance where you would not worship God.

You would not accept any possible shortcomings on your end to understand what was written in the Bible.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:38 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,653 times
DRob4JC, I should have asked for an answer on my previous post. In my scenario below, would you still love your father?

Originally Posted by me:

I could ask a similar question. If your father told you he planned to kill and torture a bunch of people, and that he had already done it many times before, would you still love him? What kind of a Yes-or-No question it that? If you always loved your dad before, but now he's not the person you thought he was, what are you supposed to feel? You could keep on loving him the same as always, or decide he is not someone you can love, or you could have mixed feelings. The whole thread was a weird question that was set up to try to trap UR people into saying something about their feelings that might seem to discredit their love for God.

A better question for us would be, what we think the reason is that we loved God so much before, when we thought he was killing and torturing our fellow man. I ask myself that question and I'm not sure. Denial? I'm just not sure, but I did love him before and I love him more now.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Right - You indicated that there would be a circumstance where you would not worship God.

You would not accept any possible shortcomings on your end to understand what was written in the Bible.

That is not what I wrote. You are demanding that your words are what I meant and you are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity