U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2007, 08:47 PM

3,073 posts, read 10,979,635 times

Advertisements

In another post, I stated that I was unsure of who in this world (or this country especially) was safe from God's judgement at the end of time. I'm under the impression that only small children are excluded, but I'd like to know if I'm wrong...if and where it gets into specifics in the Word because I can't remember reading anything about that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 PM

1,959 posts, read 4,851,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
In another post, I stated that I was unsure of who in this world (or this country especially) was safe from God's judgement at the end of time. I'm under the impression that only small children are excluded, but I'd like to know if I'm wrong...if and where it gets into specifics in the Word because I can't remember reading anything about that.
No one really is "excluded."

"But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ." (Romans 14:10)

And

"So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:12)

The judgement for Christians (1 Corinthians 3) will not be to the damning of the soul to hell, but for the unbeliever it will (Matthew 25)

Old 06-08-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
No one really is "excluded."

"But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ." (Romans 14:10)

And

"So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:12)

The judgement for Christians (1 Corinthians 3) will not be to the damning of the soul to hell, but for the unbeliever it will (Matthew 25)
And tiny kids?

Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 PM

22,043 posts, read 31,319,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
And tiny kids?
Heaven bound

Old 06-08-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Heaven bound
Oh, I believed you when you first said it to me. I was just seeing what Marks had to say about it.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:09 PM

1,703 posts, read 4,814,987 times
No one is excluded from the judgement of God. We will however be judged on our accountability and knowledge and for some that is very minimal and in the case of infants the accoutability isn't even there therefore there will be no judging on that account.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,490,029 times
Actually, it is my understanding that children that are still too young to completely understand and grasp the concept of Jesus and his deity, as well as the mentally diabled that are incapable of making these types of cognitive decisions will go to Heaven

Matthew 19:13-15
13 Then little children were brought to Him that He might put His hands on them and pray, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” 15 And He laid His hands on them and departed from there.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:45 PM

259 posts, read 1,114,054 times
The Bible nowhere teaches an "age of accountability". Its an invention of nescesity. I grew up Southern Baptist being taught it, but have abandoned it in in favor of a Reformed (presbyterian) view of salvation and grace. Go read up on it. Check out Monergism.com :: Classic Articles and Resources of the Historic Christian Faith

Old 06-09-2007, 09:04 AM

1,959 posts, read 4,851,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromcenFL View Post
The Bible nowhere teaches an "age of accountability". Its an invention of nescesity. I grew up Southern Baptist being taught it, but have abandoned it in in favor of a Reformed (presbyterian) view of salvation and grace. Go read up on it. Check out Monergism.com :: Classic Articles and Resources of the Historic Christian Faith
I agree with that.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:12 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,098,449 times
Mark 10:13-16
13People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."16And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or