Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:42 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't believe the Bible takes a position one way or the other. Personally, I believe that God has created worlds without number. I don't believe they're in our solar system. Maybe they're not even in our galaxy or our universe. But they are somewhere. I strongly believe that.
I do too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't believe the Bible takes a position one way or the other. Personally, I believe that God has created worlds without number. I don't believe they're in our solar system. Maybe they're not even in our galaxy or our universe. But they are somewhere. I strongly believe that.
Why do you "strongly believe" that if the Bible doesn't take a position one way or the other?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:13 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
The Bible doesn't say so I have no idea.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:24 PM

78 posts, read 107,406 times
i do not believe life on other planets because of this from the scriptures:

Genesis 3:20- 20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

if there is life on others planets it came from here

Old 06-07-2010, 10:28 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Why do you "strongly believe" that if the Bible doesn't take a position one way or the other?
It's in another book we LDS consider to be scripture, the Pearl of Great Price. It says:

"And it came to pass that Moses called upon God, saying: Tell me, I pray thee, why these things are so, and by what thou madest them? And behold, the glory of the Lord was upon Moses, so that Moses stood in the presence of God, and talked with him face to face. And the Lord God said unto Moses: For mine own purpose have I made these things. Here is wisdom and it remaineth in me. And by the word of my power, have I created them, which is mine Only Begotten Son, who is full of grace and truth. And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten. And the first man of all men have I called Adam, which is many. But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.

And it came to pass that Moses spake unto the Lord, saying: Be merciful unto thy servant, O God, and tell me concerning this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, and also the heavens, and then thy servant will be content. And the Lord God spake unto Moses, saying: The heavens, they are many, and they cannot be numbered unto man; but they are numbered unto me, for they are mine. And as one earth shall pass away, and the heavens thereof even so shall another come, and there is no end to my works, neither to my words. For behold, this is my work and my glory -- to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

I wouldn't expect anybody else here to believe it, but that's why I do. And if the Bible doesn't say anything one way or the other, it's hardly wrong for anyone to believe one way or the other. I mean people have opinions on a lot of things that the Bible doesn't specifically address.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-07-2010 at 10:36 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 02:01 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 5 hours ago)

5,791 posts, read 3,598,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
Does the bible say anything about man on the moon, or about sending space rovers to Mars?
The Bible says nothing either way about this. Therefore, 20 of the greatest Christian theologians and philosophers of all time coming together and discussing this for ten years can't come to a definite answer to this question any more than 20 people pulled at random from the IRS tax database.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:49 AM

225 posts, read 112,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Among the hundreds of billions of galaxies each filled with billions of stars, I believe there is life, intelligent life out there:

Eph 3:15 after Whom every kindred in the heavens and on earth is being named,
Delusional.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:38 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
Does the bible say anything about man on the moon, or about sending space rovers to Mars?
The bible insinuates that there are billions of planets that have people on them all over the universe. The ultimate prize is to become a son of God where you are given rule over an entire planet and you will rule all nations, just as Jesus rules from within, you also go down to a planet and do just what Jesus did here.

The overcomers that is.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:40 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
If there is, do they "share" the same God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity