Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 AM

326 posts, read 1,107,742 times

Advertisements

I began reading the New Testament and I found that my church did not follow the bible. Look what I found:

#1) Mary did NOT remain a virgin after Jesus Christ.

Matthew 1:24-25
"When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.But he had no union (sex) with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus

Matthew 13:55
"Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get these things? And they took offense at him.

PLEASE, read the New Testament. I asked God what is the true church. He told me "One that follows my word."
You can get a free New Testament by going to freenewtestament.com Please read it and see if your church is against scripture. Feel free to contact me at corking@live.com I will help you find a bible believing church locally. I asked Jesus why I wasn't close to him in my old church and he said "They follow not my word, but doctrine of man."

http://www.prayabout.com/post_images/5789.jpg?1207609027 (broken link)

Last edited by corking28; 04-28-2008 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: take out (size)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 11:30 AM

545 posts, read 2,043,730 times
Was Mary a perpetual virgin?

Old 04-29-2008, 03:05 PM

'Understanding Roman Catholicism' by Rick Jones - Table of Contents

Old 04-30-2008, 03:37 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
[b][color=black]I began reading the New Testament and I found that my church did not follow the bible. Look what I found
And where did the New Testament come from?

Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 PM

793 posts, read 2,213,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
And where did the New Testament come from?

From God, it is the word of God.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
From God, it is the word of God.
Did the heavens open and a Bible descend from on high to alight upon your coffee table? Did an angel deliver it to your door?

No. Your New Testament came via the Church. You say rightly that the Bible is the Word of God, but you can only say it because the Church said it first.

So: Does it make any sense whatsoever that the Church who ratified, affirmed, and protected the Bible for hundreds of years would be in complete violation of it? Or does it maybe make a little more sense that the original poster of this thread might be taking some Bible verses out of context and misunderstanding them?

Old 05-01-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Did the heavens open and a Bible descend from on high to alight upon your coffee table? Did an angel deliver it to your door?

No. Your New Testament came via the Church. You say rightly that the Bible is the Word of God, but you can only say it because the Church said it first.

So: Does it make any sense whatsoever that the Church who ratified, affirmed, and protected the Bible for hundreds of years would be in complete violation of it? Or does it maybe make a little more sense that the original poster of this thread might be taking some Bible verses out of context and misunderstanding them?
REPLY: Mark, Theres really no excuse for not doing a bit of research to determine if there is external evidence for the Bible being truly inspired by God : Evidences that the Bible is from God - Google Search

Instead of resigning to the common dissension rhetoric from Critics who dont want the Bible to be credible , dont want the Christian Faith to be rational, and dont want thier personal desire for maximum lifestyle autonomy upset....why not put on your truth-seeking Cap as I once did as an alleged 'atheist' ; if you do, you will discover the brainwashing that our secular humanist culture has inundated us with. The best large Booklet on scientific evidences for God, Christ, The Bible, Absolute Moral Laws, Absolute Truth, etc...is : " The 12 points That prove Christianity' thru www.impactapologetics.com . Your very eternal destiny could be at stake which is why i believe it to be well worth the $10. If youre willing to be a serious Seeker, ill mail you a copy as my gift to you. Regards.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
REPLY: Mark, Theres really no excuse for not doing a bit of research to determine if there is external evidence for the Bible being truly inspired by God :
IbeDavid, I really have to wonder if you even read what I wrote. I'm not arguing against the credibility or Divine Inspiration of the Bible. I'm telling you that the Bible didn't just fall from Heaven. Angels didn't deliver it to your door.

You have the Bible because of the Church. You affirm the Bible is the Word of God, and you do well in doing so. But you can only do that because the Church did it first.

So to say that the very Church that gave you your Bible is "un-Biblical"... well, it's just silly. That's like saying a cake contradicts its ingredients.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times
Quote:

I am presuming that when you say " the Church" you are referring to the Catholic church. The bible ( the word of God) was in existance long before the Cathloic church. Originally the letters of the Apostles and other New Testament writers were not combined into a 'book'. They were not in one book until a press was created that made it possible to put them all in one book. That does not make the writings no less the word Of God than the combination called the Bible.

God say the written word of the New Testament writers is His word. Where do you get the idea that all that is recorded in the Bible came from the Catholics? It was long after the church was established that Catholicism came into being.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:27 AM

326 posts, read 1,107,742 times
This is a GREAT book!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity