U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 PM

672 posts, read 581,033 times

Advertisements

romans 1:6

Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

Under the New Covenant, not all men and women are the called of Jesus christ. This called should not be confused with the called in matt 22:

14For many are called, but few are chosen.

There is a dispensational difference here, for under the Old Covenant Israel as a nation was called, and this is in reference to the nation as the context will tell, just read the passage leading up to that verse and that will be seen..

But in the NT post cross, the called are those that are the called of Jesus christ, like saul who became paul was called in acts 9..

So when writing His epistles and addressing them as the called, He has his personal experience to verify the calling he has in mind..

The called of Jesus christ is not for all men, but for those men and women whom Jesus christ was made sin for, and those whom His righteousness has been reckoned unto their account..

It is a distinct group of people, seperated from all other peoples in the world..

It is a call that though it is to a distinct people, its inclusive of both jew and gentile per rom 9:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

It is the call to whom the eternal inheritance belongeth heb 9:

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Here are more scriptures pointing out this distinguished group, the called:

1 cor 1:

23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Notice " but unto them which are called" in contrast to the stumbling jews and the wordly wise greeks"

But God has chosen ones [ the called] in both groups..

26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

The called are the same here as the chosen..

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

The called: rom 8:

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Not all are of the called of Jesus christ, but only those given to Him for His seed, and they in due time are called into fellowship with Him.. 1 cor 1:

1Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

This calling proceeds from the Faithfulness of God unto the chosen race, that seed whom Jesus died for..

isa 53:

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 05:39 PM

8,592 posts, read 7,767,035 times
The Father God draws all men to Jesus, but if men blaspheme the purpose of and Jesus then men can spend their whole life and never receive the drawing or any calling,,,,, see people need to pray, and be willing to get sin out of their life and be willing to love the Lord God..... some people are called when they are rebellous teens, some are called at midlife around forty years, or fifty years old, when people try to change some recieve and some of them the Lord will wait........ Some people get into Humanism or become deist and push the recieving of any drawing of the Lord away, but the Lord will still wait to the end of their lives.......Calvinism and some sect. religions believe that there are only 14,000 saved and all other people will be lost to the Lord God which is a false interpretation of scripture. 14,000 are a number out of a hat that the Lord has for the Jewish saved and is not a number for the gentiles that became Christian that will be saved........The Lord Jesus calls some people into ministries where he gives them sometimes and Road to Damascus experiance to build their faith for ministries

Old 04-19-2010, 06:08 PM

8,435 posts, read 9,138,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
romans 1:6

Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

Under the New Covenant, not all men and women are the called of Jesus christ. This called should not be confused with the called in matt 22:

14For many are called, but few are chosen.

There is a dispensational difference here, for under the Old Covenant Israel as a nation was called, and this is in reference to the nation as the context will tell, just read the passage leading up to that verse and that will be seen..

But in the NT post cross, the called are those that are the called of Jesus christ, like saul who became paul was called in acts 9..

So when writing His epistles and addressing them as the called, He has his personal experience to verify the calling he has in mind..

The called of Jesus christ is not for all men, but for those men and women whom Jesus christ was made sin for, and those whom His righteousness has been reckoned unto their account..

It is a distinct group of people, seperated from all other peoples in the world..

It is a call that though it is to a distinct people, its inclusive of both jew and gentile per rom 9:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

It is the call to whom the eternal inheritance belongeth heb 9:

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Here are more scriptures pointing out this distinguished group, the called:

1 cor 1:

23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Notice " but unto them which are called" in contrast to the stumbling jews and the wordly wise greeks"

But God has chosen ones [ the called] in both groups..

26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

The called are the same here as the chosen..

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

The called: rom 8:

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Not all are of the called of Jesus christ, but only those given to Him for His seed, and they in due time are called into fellowship with Him.. 1 cor 1:

1Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

This calling proceeds from the Faithfulness of God unto the chosen race, that seed whom Jesus died for..

isa 53:

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Actually it is those on the right and left of Christ who are the chosen. Those chosen few spread the gospel to the not chosen few. Being chosen for service doesn't make you better than the next guy who is not chosen but believes. We see in the NT that the apostles were chosen specifically for a purpose... to spread the Gospel of Christ... these same chosen were those who were even more accountable to uphold the integrity of their words. However, there were plenty of people who converted who were not leaders, not chosen...yet believed the gospel of Christ.

This is where reading in context (1st century) is helpful.
IMO

Old 04-19-2010, 06:10 PM

hljc:

Quote:
The Father God draws all men to Jesus
As in all the sheep, or all the church, or all the seed of abraham, or all those He gave to the Son, or all types of men as in gentiles as well as jew.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 PM

kat:

Quote:
Actually it is those on the right and left of Christ who are the chosen
Scripture please ?

Old 04-19-2010, 07:27 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,779,942 times
"Actually it is those on the right and left of Christ who are the chosen".......

NO, that's where they're placed!! He does the drawing, the tugging, the pulling. You my friend, YOU do the accepting, the denying, or the rejecting.....

Old 04-19-2010, 07:53 PM

696 posts, read 812,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"Actually it is those on the right and left of Christ who are the chosen".......

NO, that's where they're placed!! He does the drawing, the tugging, the pulling. You my friend, YOU do the accepting, the denying, or the rejecting.....
Thank God for those on the right. Truly the difference between a sheep and a goat feeding on the same grass! One discerning truly, the other wishing in vain!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:23 PM

8,435 posts, read 9,138,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
kat:

Scripture please ?
Mark 10:35-45 Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came over and spoke to him. “Teacher,” they said, “we want you to do us a favor.”
“What is your request?” he asked.
They replied, “When you sit on your glorious throne, we want to sit in places of honor next to you, one on your right and the other on your left.”
But Jesus said to them, “You don’t know what you are asking! Are you able to drink from the bitter cup of suffering I am about to drink? Are you able to be baptized with the baptism of suffering I must be baptized with?”
“Oh yes,” they replied, “we are able!”
Then Jesus told them, “You will indeed drink from my bitter cup and be baptized with my baptism of suffering. But I have no right to say who will sit on my right or my left. God has prepared those places for the ones he has chosen.”
When the ten other disciples heard what James and John had asked, they were indignant. So Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Context:

1st century, he is speaking to: James and John, the sons of Zebedee (and later the ten other disciples.

Subject: Serving others

What part of that applies to us now? The serving others part. Who would share in his glory like they asked? The one who suffers (THEN) for Christ's name (in the 1st Century).

Matt. 19:28 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Context:
1st century, he is speaking to: the twelve disciples (NOT US), Subject: Reward for following him knowing you may die in the process (there was a war coming).

Notice "the renewal of all things"... you (the twelve disciples) will sit on twelve thrones ... judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Do the twelve tribes of Israel even exist today?

So those called and those chosen are the leaders of the "christian movement" in the first century. There is no reason to apply recorded dialogue to oneself anymore than you would any conversation between two parties. Therefore, the whole premise of the thread is in error... the called and chosen ones are long dead...

Old 04-19-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Mark 10:35-45 Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came over and spoke to him. “Teacher,” they said, “we want you to do us a favor.”
“What is your request?” he asked.
They replied, “When you sit on your glorious throne, we want to sit in places of honor next to you, one on your right and the other on your left.”
But Jesus said to them, “You don’t know what you are asking! Are you able to drink from the bitter cup of suffering I am about to drink? Are you able to be baptized with the baptism of suffering I must be baptized with?”
“Oh yes,” they replied, “we are able!”
Then Jesus told them, “You will indeed drink from my bitter cup and be baptized with my baptism of suffering. But I have no right to say who will sit on my right or my left. God has prepared those places for the ones he has chosen.”
When the ten other disciples heard what James and John had asked, they were indignant. So Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Context:

1st century, he is speaking to: James and John, the sons of Zebedee (and later the ten other disciples.

Subject: Serving others

What part of that applies to us now? The serving others part. Who would share in his glory like they asked? The one who suffers (THEN) for Christ's name (in the 1st Century).

Matt. 19:28 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Context:
1st century, he is speaking to: the twelve disciples (NOT US), Subject: Reward for following him knowing you may die in the process (there was a war coming).

Notice "the renewal of all things"... you (the twelve disciples) will sit on twelve thrones ... judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Do the twelve tribes of Israel even exist today?

So those called and those chosen are the leaders of the "christian movement" in the first century. There is no reason to apply recorded dialogue to oneself anymore than you would any conversation between two parties. Therefore, the whole premise of the thread is in error... the called and chosen ones are long dead...
I am not talking about those who sit on the right and left, but you said those on the right and left are the chosen..

I took that you meant the sheep on the right hand [which are chosen] and the goats on the left who are not.

Matt 25:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

You are not sticking with the topic and you are not being very specific.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Default The Efficacious Call !

The efficacious call !
The call to the predestined or chosen ones, is a efficacious call from God that translates one out of darkness into the marvelous light..

1 pet 2:

[SIZE=2]9[/SIZE]But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

This was not a mere opportunity, or something made available to mens choice or decision, but this was an actual call from heaven that translated or passed one from death to life, from darkness to light

col 1:

[SIZE=2]13[/SIZE]Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

The Translation and the efficacious call are the same thing

Jn 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

This call is actually regeneration or new birth whereby one is made a new creature in Christ..

So God actually calls one out of one realm [ darkness and the dominion of Satan] and calls them into another realm, [ The kingdom of His dear Son which is light]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity