U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:12 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,232,292 times

Advertisements

1. I was diagnosed with having Idiopathic Myelofibrosis. This is a bone marrow disease with a grim prognosis. Normally there is no remission for this disease, and the only chance of survival is a bone marrow transplant, but not all are able to have this done.

Because of my blood type, and other health problems, I was not a candidate for this, and was told that I could expect 3-5 years in 2004.

Because my bone marrow is more than 60% scarred, it would not be able to produce blood needed to sustaine life. Therefore, in 2003 I was told that I would start to expect to start blood transfusions soon.

During this time I had been speaking to someone in Canada who had my disease . . . he had been an atheist all his life, and was led to Jesus before his diagnosis. He had a bone marrow transplant, and has been in remission now for 10 years. Truly a remarkable story of a conversion.

I started researching the bible, Jesus, etc., and the more I came closer to having the 100% faith I have now, my fevers started to subside. I had fevers for two years prior to my diagnosis, bone pain, fatigue, failing eyesight, and many immune disorders. Prior to this I had most of my colon removed, several benign tumors, and have a stint in each kidney.

The closer I came to Christ, upon my visits to the Moffit Cancer Center in Tampa, my symptoms became less and less . . . although my marrow is 60% gone, my blood counts are stable . . . . . . I had Christians pray over me where I worked (even when I wasn't a true believer, but figured it couldn't hurt), and I truly believe in my heart, that "through his stripes I have been healed".

I prayed for more time and healthy time as my youngest was just 1, and it was a miracle I even carried her to term with all those symptoms, but she is 5 now, and I am feeling pretty good, and my last bone marrow biopsy showed no further scarring, which is a miracle as this is a progressive and insiduous disease.

My Saviour Saved me . . . .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 11:33 AM

688 posts, read 2,660,038 times
He gave me my daughter back from near death! When she was 3, she had a brain tumor and surgery to remove it went badly! We were given "the talk" and they didn't think she'd make it through the night.....it's been a long road, but she is alive and well today at age 6! See my testimony in the "Share Your Testimony" thread a few pages back if you want to read all of the details about this!

God Bless!
LuLu

Old 06-14-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
Miracle Christ has worked in your life other than his sacrifice for us?

For me it has been the gift of my children. When God made me a parent, he gave me such a greater understanding of how much he loves me and all of his children. I learned in much greater detail the love, faith, and commitment it takes to sacrifice your life for the benefit of those that look to you for everything. Everyday, I look at my kids and see the miracles of God in my life and I give praise and thanks to Him alone.

Errr... I have to spread around reps before giving it to you again! dang it! Your post is right on! Kids are the best! How our world changes when we become a parent! In a very awesome way! I feel so blessed to have my little girls! Thank you Lord!

LuLu

Old 06-14-2007, 12:58 PM

I loved your post dreameyes! It is very inspiring! My daughter has been going through something similar (the relearning part) and I know that God has His hand on her every step of the way! What a wonderful miracle in your life! God Bless!
LuLu
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Well of coarse my children and husband are a tremendous demonstration of God's love in my life. But I'd have to say there was a miracle before that that allowed for those miracles. When I was 9 years old I was a spoiled brat (Nothing's changed...lol). I was miss popularity, miss social butterfly, miss genius and ofcoarse it all went to my head. I was involed in gymnastics, swimming, and figure skating which I was really really good at which of coarse also went to my head. Then after my
9th Christmas I was struck with a terrible illness that usually either took the life of those who were unfortunate enough to get it or left them a vegetable. Well I went through a tremendous battle which would take way too long to describe here , had to learn everything over again and fully recovered.
I know it was God's will for me to live and that He had a lot more planned for me in my life. Going throught this experience changed who I was. It made me a lot more compassionate and caring as a person. It helped me in so many ways. So this was the first great miracle in my life that started it all.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:56 PM

743 posts, read 2,114,084 times
Wow....some of you here have gone through alot....it's hard for me to imagine how I would carry the cross some of you have carried w/o crying "why me?"

You are all an inspiration
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or