Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 12:52 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,968,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post

If you say this mantra enough times, that is all God will be, our warped sense of what love is is not God's sense of what love is....it is not the only attribute that God posesses...

None of Gods attributes are apart from Love.

God is Love, that is his nature, Gods judgments are through love, Gods wrath is through love, Gods justice is through love, Gods righteousness is through love.

Can we reflect upon God is Love too much? Not possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 12:54 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,153,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, it makes perfect sense. I accepted Christ and I will not return to lustful lifestyle, but I see people who never accepted Christ return to lustful lifesyles every day. If I told them Christ has saved them regardless of how they choose to live their lives, they'd shrug and say "ok, cool, whatevery you say man, see ya in heaven then".

Since you believe everyone is saved, you must wonder why some people live in sin and some don't.
you are lustful...you do sin, Finn...i know you do...but you make God out to be a liar...

Old 05-14-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I see you had no answer for how a loving God could burn forever those who he knit together in the womb.
From dust we are formed and to dust we shall return...this is what is knited together...

Old 05-14-2010, 01:02 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,454,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Here is the passage:

Ephesians 1:9-11 CLV making known to us the secret of His will (in
accord with His delight, which He purposed in Him)" (10) to have an
administration of the complement of the eras, to head up all in the Christ -
both that in the heavens and that on the earth" (11) in Him in Whom our
lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose
of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,

Notice in verse 11 how the believers' lot was cast in Christ also? That means there are others outside the present sphere of Christians whose lot was cast in Christ.

Since, in the future, when we are snatched away together with Christ and are then "transported into the kingdom of the Son of His love"

Col 1:13 Who rescues us out of the jurisdiction of Darkness, and transports us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

that kingdom we are to be transported into is in the heavens because our realm is inherent or belonging in the heavens:

Phi 3:20 For our realm is inherent in the heavens, out of which we are awaiting a Saviour also, the Lord, Jesus Christ,

It will be at that point in time when the believer begins God's work of heading up all in the heavens and all on the earth in Him, in Whom our lot was cast also.

So the rest must eventually come into Christ because their lot was cast in Christ.
Verse 22 answers you:

And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church,

Who is.....

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition [between us];

Both Jew and Gentile. What you are asking about is already a physical manifestion of a spiritual reality here, now, with the church.

Eusebius, I believe you don't consider Christ as God in the Flesh, am I right? Because of ths you will never understand that Christ NEVER gives up His authority over the Kingdom and the church, for He is God, and He is at The CENTER of the THRONE. He hands the kingdom to the Father at the close of the age, in that He has put the final enemy under feet, but as you can see in Rev 1:8, Christ is the Alpha, the Omega, the first and the last, and in Revelation 21 and 22, you see the same event taking place, where Christ the Lamb, and God , are at THE CENTER OF THE THRONE....how can this be? Two at the THRONE, because they are one in the same....where the water flows freely:

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name [shall be] in their foreheads.

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever

Christ is heading up the church right now, and will do so, forever.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:04 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,454,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

God is Love, that is his nature, Gods judgments are through love, Gods wrath is through love, Gods justice is through love, Gods righteousness is through love.

Can you accept the justice of God toward the wicked?

Old 05-14-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Why did God warn Nebuchadnezzar to repent (Daniel ch 4) when God knew that everything would turn out fine either way? Because it was Neb's opportunity to repent and avoid a harsh judgment. A punishment does not have to be everlasting to be desirable to avoid.
If one only repents to avoid punishment...then what values is it...they are still black on the inside...just like the Pharasee that put on a good show...Even you can stop doing what you do but that does not stop you from fantasizing about it...you haven't changed at all, you are just puting on the show outwardly...and hiding your dark deeds behind closed doors...and what would his harsh punishment be?...the process is only to purify him, not punish him...a loving God would never punish His creation like that, it is just too cruel...

Old 05-14-2010, 01:09 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,968,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Can you accept the justice of God toward the wicked?

YES.

What I can accept and what you will tell me it is will probably be two different things.

Yes God is Love, God is righteous, God is the judge of us all and the wicked too.

I will be judged, you will be judged, and it is all through Love because God cannot act separate from his nature.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I can't speak for others, but for ME, this is beyond ridiculous. Most of my family is going to hell. You think I want UR to be false so that I can be prideful and I can go to heaven and my grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins are in hell? You really think this is what I desire? This couldn't be farther from the truth, but they are choosing to live their lives how they want. Just a few weeks ago, my grandmother (not a Christian) laughed about hell and joked about going to it because she doesn't care about sin. I can't FORCE my grandma to love Christ! I talk with her about God and it seems like it's all a joke to her.

If hell wasn't real, which it is, I wouldn't go back to living a sinful and dishonest life. My desire is to please the Lord! It doesn't have anything to do with hell.

A Christian should NOT rejoice in hearing that ALL sinners will be taken into the spiritual enjoyment (do you mean heaven?) of God because the Bible makes it crystal clear this isn't going to happen. I'm not going to rejoice in an unbiblical heresy.
your family does not choose to go to hell...they have not been chosen, or sought by God...yet...However, they may never, it is God's sovreign choice, not ours....and if you wish to argue this point, i can go farther then you could imagine in showing the scriptural foundation...

Old 05-14-2010, 01:15 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,211,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He knit together six million Jews and sent them to the gas chambers. But then again, the Bible prophesied what was going to happen to the Jews due to their unbelief and rejection of Christ. It also makes clear what happens to unbelievers after their physical deaths. It is what it is. This is God's way. Your denial of the truth won't make it go away.

You think you can figure God out 100%? You say things like "loving God would never do something like that". You insult God by even suggesting you can figure him out. You will never fully understand him, and you look silly pretending to fully understand him.

Why does loving God knit together anyone and make them suffer pain, poverty, hunger, disease and death here on earth? Why not just knit them into spirits and take them to heaven? Or why not turn earth into a paradise without pain and death? Christ already paid the price, right? Isn't that what you keep saying? It's a done deal. I know the answer to the question, but it wouldn't' make any sense if I thought like you.
You know what, Finn_Jarber? God did not send 6 million Jews to the gas chamber. A confused, occult-ridden, angry, VENGEFUL MAN sent them to the gas chamber!

Did God allow this to happen? YES! Do many of the Jews that went to the gas chambers believe that God allowed this? YES!

Who and what keeps people around the world starving? Who and what keeps this planet in the condition that it is in?

HUMANITY! POLITICS! GREED! VENGEFUL MEN AND WOMEN!

Revelation 11:18. Now the time of your wrath has come. It is time to judge those that DESTROY THE EARTH!

But, at the end of all things, something good will come out of the evil here, although it is TRULY hard to imagine sometimes!

Who do you think will we want ruling the Universe in the end?!

Old 05-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

I am speaking about those who say god is love to the exclusion of Hell being real...they state a loving god would never do such a thing...Look at the OT, it is repleat with horrors that God perpetrated on His creation for His own good purposes...i mean horrors according to us modern 'enlightened' folk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity