Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 05:37 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times

Advertisements

Man is born into the world already under eternal condemnation.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.

Romans 6:23a For the wages of sin is death...

Spiritual death... loss of relationship with God; separation from God.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4) and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

Salvation is freely offered to all...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 6:51 ''I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread also which I shall give for the life of the world is My flesh.''

Salvation is a free gift...

Romans 6:23b ...but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 4:10 ''If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.

The free gift of salvation which is offered must be received...

John 1:11 He came to His own (National Israel), and those who were His own did not receive Him. 12) But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.

Jesus rebuked those who rejected His offer of salvation...

John 5:40 and you are unwilling to come to Me that you may have life.

The consequences for rejecting God's free offer of salvation is death. Eternal separation from God in the lake of fire.

John 8:24 ''I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am, you shall die in your sins.''

John 3:36 ''He who believes the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey (believe) the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Revelation 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

The Invitation to Come to Christ for salvation...

Isaiah 55:1

1) HO, every one who thirsts, come to the waters;
And you who have no money come, buy and eat.
Come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without cost.

6) Seek the LORD while He may be found;
Call upon Him while He is near.

John 4:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.''

Revelation 21:6 And He said to me, ''It is done, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

Revelation 22:17b ...And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 05:52 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
SO SIMPLE.....ACCEPT IT , OR REFUSE IT....NOBODY WILL CHOOSE FOR YOU! THAT'S IT, THAT'S ALL. The rest........will make sense soon. Yes?

Old 05-14-2010, 05:57 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
SO SIMPLE.....ACCEPT IT , OR REFUSE IT....NOBODY WILL CHOOSE FOR YOU! THAT'S IT, THAT'S ALL. The rest........will make sense soon. Yes?
YES!!!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Those that RUN the race and FINISH it will indeed be glad they did!

To those that were given the GIFT of FAITH and used it, they will be like good soldiers who can be used to RULE in the kingdom. They are part of the BETTER resurrection!

Who are they ruling over?

Revation 5:13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"

Why is the WHOLE creation waiting for the manifestation of the Sons of God?

Last edited by herefornow; 05-14-2010 at 06:30 PM..

Old 05-14-2010, 06:08 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Rom. 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.

It's all about the first Adam and the Last Adam.

For as in Adam (the first Adam) all die so in Christ (the last Adam) shall all be made alive.

"In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them unto infants - Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight."

Systematic Theology = Clueless (just as it should be)

Old 05-14-2010, 06:56 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
I'm just wondering if you all believe that if a newborn baby dies, God will punish it with everlasting torment?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:22 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm just wondering if you all believe that if a newborn baby dies, God will punish it with everlasting torment?
No

Old 05-14-2010, 07:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No
Because they are cute? or what? They didn't have faith...nor believe... where's the loophole?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:35 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I think that parts of Christianity in the past believed that babies were toast.

What other nonsense does it still believe, I wonder?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:36 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I think that parts of Christianity in the past believed that babies were toast.

What other nonsense does it still believe, I wonder?
There are people right here on this very forum who believe that faithless babies go to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity