Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 06:57 PM

3,220 posts, read 928,674 times

Advertisements

The spirit of truth guides to the truth. He speaks what he hears. So if he is speaking the truth which is God’s word then it is God’s word he hears or in other words he speaks God’s word and understands it. He hears it’s meaning. That is why Jesus said in order to know the truth you must continue in His word.

Reference;

“When he comes, the spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own but will speak what he hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.”

“If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”

Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 07:35 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,736,008 times
"and declare to you the things that are to come"

PROVING THE TRUE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS THE SPIRIT OF PROPHESY.....

Act 2:17

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18

And on my servants and on my handmaidens(interesting term ) I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
Maybe so NO ONE WANTS TO HIGHLIGHT THAT PART.. that He wants us to tell what is to come..
because men like to tell us what God's love looks like. or really only what they hope it is.
because they might not want to know what is in their future..

and you will never see many quote this one..
1Co 14:1

Let love be your highest goal! But you should also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives—especially the ability to prophesy.

because in that is proof of God's given authority to speak for him .. the authority is given to the one who Knows their Lord and knows both His wWords and the workings of His Spirit..! ..

I just found it interesting !

Old 03-06-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
"and declare to you the things that are to come"

PROVING THE TRUE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS THE SPIRIT OF PROPHESY.....

Act 2:17

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18

And on my servants and on my handmaidens(interesting term ) I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
Maybe so NO ONE WANTS TO HIGHLIGHT THAT PART.. that He wants us to tell what is to come..
because men like to tell us what God's love looks like. or really only what they hope it is.
because they might not want to know what is in their future..

and you will never see many quote this one..
1Co 14:1

Let love be your highest goal! But you should also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives—especially the ability to prophesy.

because in that is proof of God's given authority to speak for him .. the authority is given to the one who Knows their Lord and knows both His wWords and the workings of His Spirit..! ..

I just found it interesting !
The things that are to come are what he speaks, God’s word.

Continue in His word and see.

You’ll never see if you continue in Paul’s word.

Old 03-06-2020, 09:05 PM

3,061 posts, read 917,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post

Paul, the apostle chosen by Jesus to replace Judas Iscariot, was filled with the spirit of the Lord, who spoke through him.

Old 03-06-2020, 09:40 PM

3,837 posts, read 1,392,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
Paul, the apostle chosen by Jesus to replace Judas Iscariot,...
Huh?? where do you get that?
Matthias replaced J.I.

Old 03-06-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Paul, the apostle chosen by Jesus to replace Judas Iscariot, was filled with the spirit of the Lord, who spoke through him.
Paul was an impostor. He made up his own teaching. He spoke on his own and walked in his own glory but claimed to follow Jesus but never continued in Jesus word. He could not have been a genuine follower. But he sure made everyone think he was.

The eye is the lamp of the body. If the eye is good the body will be filled with light. If the eye is bad the body will be filled with darkness. If the light in you is darkness how great that darkness will be.

Old 03-07-2020, 12:43 AM

3,061 posts, read 917,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Huh?? where do you get that?
Matthias replaced J.I.
No, Jesus chose the original 12 and the apostles had no authority to choose the replacement for Judas and you hear no more of Matthias, but you do hear much of Paul after the glorified Jesus appeared to him and chose Paul to gather in the required number of gentiles to replace the lost tribe of Benjamin, the 12th tribe, to replace Judas the 12th disciple.

But when time permits I will reveal this truth in greater detail..

Old 03-07-2020, 02:59 AM

9,695 posts, read 10,038,708 times
The prophecies and revelations of Apostle Paul came through Jesus Christ ..... See Jesus had his miracles through Paul like in Acts 13:11 Jesus gives sight to the blind through Paul ....... Jesus had His miracles through Paul in Acts 14:10 the lame walk ....... Acts 16;18 Jesus delivers spirits through Paul, Acts 19; 11-12 Jesus drives out disease and spirits through Paul .... Acts 20:10-12 Jesus raised a boy to life through Paul ............. Acts 28;5 Jesus cleanse Paul of poison of a snake .................... Paul was saved through Jesus Christ and Jesus used Paul to bring revelation from Holy Spirit, and even the miracles were miracles of the Messiah and not the devil

Old 03-07-2020, 07:28 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,736,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post

if we only can be as close a friend to HIM as Paul was and know him as well as Paul did ... what secrets we all could tell..

secrets is one thing, Now obedience to that voice .. that even goes to Jerusalem anyway. despite the young prophets . that is the rarest and humblest ( true meekness) of His friends!!

to be meek is to be like a well trained and eager warhorse....even under full armor. always ready and even eager to do the riders will ..
I think few will ever be as Meek as Paul beacme..
may we all Know HIM as well as THAT RICH YOUNG RULER DID. THE ONE WHO DID GO THROUGH THE EYE OF THE NEEDLE!!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 03-07-2020 at 07:37 AM..

Old 03-07-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
No, Jesus chose the original 12 and the apostles had no authority to choose the replacement for Judas and you hear no more of Matthias, but you do hear much of Paul after the glorified Jesus appeared to him and chose Paul to gather in the required number of gentiles to replace the lost tribe of Benjamin, the 12th tribe, to replace Judas the 12th disciple.

But when time permits I will reveal this truth in greater detail..
Jesus gives His authority to His followers when He sends them as He was sent.

Paul never accepted the words Jesus gave to the others. This shows he was not genuine.

Those who continue inHis word and that of the other prophets are genuine.

Paul fails the test.

The one who enters through the gate is the Shepherd of the sheep.

I am the gate, anyone who enters by me will be saved.

Those are the words of Him who sent me.

Whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity