Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 02:16 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,623,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Keep your eyes on the SON!! For it is He that controls the sun. And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give Him glory. (Rev 16: 8-9)

Nov. 8, 2010: Prompted by a recent increase in solar activity, more than a hundred researchers and government officials are converging on Helwan, Egypt, to discuss a matter of global importance: storms from the sun.The International Space Weather Initiative - NASA Science

When is it a good time to gave Him glory?
Oh my, still salivating over this?

From the article:
Quote:
"Strong solar storms can knock out power, disable satellites, and scramble GPS,"
Notice the lack of:
Quote:
"Strong solar storms can scorch men with fire and make them cuss"
So - are they gathering in alarm, fearing the sun is gong to burn everything up? No.

My dear Betsy - The Book of Revelation is a book of symbols.

Learn what the symbols mean and you find out what the passages mean.

Question: Do you think an angel is pouring a vial onto the sun every 11 years but it's not quite working?

January 18, 2002: Every 11 years solar activity reaches a fever pitch: Solar flares erupt near sunspots on a daily basis. Coronal mass ejections, billion-ton clouds of magnetized gas, fly away from the Sun and buffet the planets. Even the Sun's awesome magnetic field -- as large as the solar system itself -- grows unstable and flips.It's a turbulent time called Solar Max.

If it is working - where are the scorched people?

Honestly - why use scientific gatherings/studies to try and support bible literalism when the facts don't line up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 11:42 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,545,362 times
ALL I can say to the OP is....THANK GOD FOR SCIENCE!

Old 11-13-2010, 06:27 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,446,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Oh my, still salivating over this?

From the article: Notice the lack of: So - are they gathering in alarm, fearing the sun is gong to burn everything up? No.

My dear Betsy - The Book of Revelation is a book of symbols.

Learn what the symbols mean and you find out what the passages mean.

Question: Do you think an angel is pouring a vial onto the sun every 11 years but it's not quite working?

January 18, 2002: Every 11 years solar activity reaches a fever pitch: Solar flares erupt near sunspots on a daily basis. Coronal mass ejections, billion-ton clouds of magnetized gas, fly away from the Sun and buffet the planets. Even the Sun's awesome magnetic field -- as large as the solar system itself -- grows unstable and flips.It's a turbulent time called Solar Max.

If it is working - where are the scorched people?

Honestly - why use scientific gatherings/studies to try and support bible literalism when the facts don't line up?
This is a wicked generation. It asks for a miraculous sign

Let us not desire more evidence and fuller teaching than the Lord is pleased to afford us. We should pray without ceasing that our hearts and understandings may be opened, that we may profit by the light we enjoy. And especially take heed that the light which is in us be not darkness; for if our leading principles be wrong, our judgment and practice must become more so. M. H.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
This is a wicked generation. It asks for a miraculous sign
Who's asking for miraculous signs? You are the one posting about solar flares. If you are not claiming that these are miraculous signs and are just natural events then we are in agreement and needn't be having this conversation.

Quote:
Let us not desire more evidence and fuller teaching than the Lord is pleased to afford us.
To him who knocks it shall be opened. The Lord will withhold nothing from him who walks uprightly. He is pleased with the desire and pleased to easily afford a more full teaching than we can even ask or think.

"He will take of mine and show it unto you. All that the Father has is mine"

"For the Spirit searches all things - even the deep things of God"

"I call you not servants but friends for a servant has no idea what his master is doing"
Quote:
We should pray without ceasing that our hearts and understandings may be opened, that we may profit by the light we enjoy. And especially take heed that the light which is in us be not darkness; for if our leading principles be wrong, our judgment and practice must become more so. M. H.
Exactly.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Who's asking for miraculous signs? You are the one posting about solar flares. If you are not claiming that these are miraculous signs and are just natural events then we are in agreement and needn't be having this conversation.

To him who knocks it shall be opened. The Lord will withhold nothing from him who walks uprightly. He is pleased with the desire and pleased to easily afford a more full teaching than we can even ask or think.

"He will take of mine and show it unto you. All that the Father has is mine"

"For the Spirit searches all things - even the deep things of God"

"I call you not servants but friends for a servant has no idea what his master is doing"

Exactly.
Question....do you take these verses to be "symbolical" in nature?

And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give Him glory. ( Rev 16: 8-9)

You'll get your "sign" soon enough, whether you asked for one, or not.....unless of course, you're giving Him glory? And, how exactly will men be scorched? Is it not by the sun HE SAID? The wise will understand..... don't write your 'friend' off just yet.......

Old 11-17-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Question....do you take these verses to be "symbolical" in nature?

And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give Him glory. ( Rev 16: 8-9)

You'll get your "sign" soon enough, whether you asked for one, or not.....unless of course, you're giving Him glory? And, how exactly will men be scorched? Is it not by the sun HE SAID? The wise will understand..... don't write your 'friend' off just yet.......
I would never "write off" my friends.

Now - the message?

All I can say is - at the end of the year we'll revisit my thread about the 50 doomsday predictions for 2010.

BTW - God won't be literally burning anyone. That's for the mid-evil torture people to do. The God I know does not have much in common with them.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
And, how exactly will men be scorched? Is it not by the sun HE SAID? The wise will understand..... don't write your 'friend' off just yet.......
Betsy - do believe the literal moon will be turned into literal blood?

Just curious.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Betsy - do believe the literal moon will be turned into literal blood?

Just curious.
hello?

Old 02-05-2011, 02:42 AM

While you were sleeping......

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING 3.4 .http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/uu00005626.php (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity