Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 09:49 PM

41 posts, read 55,077 times

Advertisements

“Show me the truth .What's in my heart and what's in Yours.
By your Spirit - to lead to all truth
How to follow ,how to love and by your light, how to die
To want it and see it and speak it - the Truth
As the guide to light my feet Show me the Truth for that is You
To be free from sin, to love.”
Hi everyone, I am fairly new to this site.. I have noticed many threads debating different “truths” and many disagreements about who is right and wrong.
A friend of mine spoke to me a few days ago and he brought up talk about life and god and Truth and he said that he knew the truth and the way but that he wasn’t ready to live it as yet…
I was confused.. for me when I was shown truth,.. I couldn’t help it.. I had to follow it.. it changed me whether I liked it or not…whether I was ready or not… just the smallest taste of it made me hungry for more and there was no way that I could return to my old self.. nothing of this world could ever compare to the joy I felt when I tasted this Truth.. Daily the light within me, shows me the sin in all depths of my heart and frees me from it with over time .(as I carry my cross) though i stumble and fall at times.. it gives me the strength continue on.
It wasn’t from reading and becoming knowledgeable about things.. In fact this truth made me see how foolish I really am and how little I truly know… allowing me to surrender to it and letingt it be my master.
I have only just begun my journey with Christ after living a life desiring worldly things.
Jesus Is my Truth, my Light, my salvation and I want Him to Change me into a good Servant for him so that I can do good work and bear the Fruits of the spirit. Not to be Right.. but Righteous.
Blessings to all of you who are also seeking this Powerful Truth , from my heart to yours.
Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 10:49 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,562,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IandIlove View Post
Hi everyone, I am fairly new to this site.. I have noticed many threads debating different “truths” and many disagreements about who is right and wrong.
A friend of mine spoke to me a few days ago and he brought up talk about life and god and Truth and he said that he knew the truth and the way but that he wasn’t ready to live it as yet…
I was confused.. for me when I was shown truth,.. I couldn’t help it.. I had to follow it.. it changed me whether I liked it or not…whether I was ready or not… just the smallest taste of it made me hungry for more and there was no way that I could return to my old self.. nothing of this world could ever compare to the joy I felt when I tasted this Truth.. Daily the light within me, shows me the sin in all depths of my heart and frees me from it with over time .(as I carry my cross) though i stumble and fall at times.. it gives me the strength continue on.
It wasn’t from reading and becoming knowledgeable about things.. In fact this truth made me see how foolish I really am and how little I truly know… allowing me to surrender to it and letingt it be my master.
I have only just begun my journey with Christ after living a life desiring worldly things.
Jesus Is my Truth, my Light, my salvation and I want Him to Change me into a good Servant for him so that I can do good work and bear the Fruits of the spirit. Not to be Right.. but Righteous.
Blessings to all of you who are also seeking this Powerful Truth , from my heart to yours.
Peace.
A place to start: John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:56 PM

11,903 posts, read 3,722,928 times
Quote:

I can relate to what you say in your post ......... Blessings to you

A thought - for your friend it would depend what he understands as the truth and the way....

Old 06-01-2010, 12:27 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,667,690 times
Quote:
Peace.
Welcome to the Christianity Forum IandIlove...

You are going to be bombarded with every wind of doctrine that you could have possibly ever imagined, and it can be quite overwhelming and confusing...so guard your heart...and put on the whole armour of God for your protection. You're here...and you will learn a lot, pray for discernment...and study to show thyself approved...trust no man...no matter how good it sounds...always remember that it cost's everything to follow Christ...everything.

May God Bless you on your journey,
Verna.

Luke 14:

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

28 For which of you, intended to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? Amen.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 06-01-2010 at 12:52 AM..

Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 AM

41 posts, read 55,077 times
I wish all of you a truly blessed day. I pray today that all who seek strength, guidance, love peace etc.. find it in christ.. I pray that we all turn from the useless battling of "knowledge" to an inner peace by surrendering to the true power of god and his promise to us, and using our precious time here to grow and let him change us into his faithful servants so that we will be ready to do his works. Instead of finding the wrong in others, i pray that we allow the light of christ to search our hearts and cleanse Us from our wrongs. Lord let your truth and light be our guide today and forever more.
amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity