Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 07:43 PM

484 posts, read 2,210,467 times

Advertisements

omg all this people are still sleeping? wake up please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 05:13 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Chirst has already been revealed to us. He is not hidden in any of us, but is revealed by His death and resurrection and His victory over sin and death for those in Him.

Preaching a secret revelation is not only gnostic, but heresy.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:46 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
God’s people are still prone to think with carnal minds. When they hear about things that will "shortly come to pass" immediately their attention is focused on world events rather than on the things of God.

This practice has given rise to what has been rightly termed "newspaper eschatology" — studying current events in the arena of "this present evil world" rather than searching the mind of the Spirit for the wisdom and understanding God gives of the true thing He is doing in the earth by His Spirit.

The work of God is not currently outside of us, not out there in the world of darkness with all of its plans, efforts, and shamefully fleshly and wicked activities. The work of God is withinHis elect...

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

Sons of God do not derive their theology from the newspapers or television news casts. That is not where God’s work is seen! The Holy Spirit of God has not come to show us what the world system is up to — He has come to "take the things of Christ and show them unto us.
Things that are spiritual can only be discerned by the spirit of the cross, which, by his death, we are born again with...

You feel it...yet, NEVER can you articulate the love that envelops your being.

Blessings...

Old 06-25-2010, 05:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
God’s people are still prone to think with carnal minds. When they hear about things that will "shortly come to pass" immediately their attention is focused on world events rather than on the things of God.

This practice has given rise to what has been rightly termed "newspaper eschatology" — studying current events in the arena of "this present evil world" rather than searching the mind of the Spirit for the wisdom and understanding God gives of the true thing He is doing in the earth by His Spirit.

The work of God is not currently outside of us, not out there in the world of darkness with all of its plans, efforts, and shamefully fleshly and wicked activities. The work of God is withinHis elect...

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

Sons of God do not derive their theology from the newspapers or television news casts. That is not where God’s work is seen! The Holy Spirit of God has not come to show us what the world system is up to — He has come to "take the things of Christ and show them unto us.
Amen little elmer .

Old 06-25-2010, 06:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:

We have been told a thousand things that aren’t true and have been used, beaten, threatened, controlled, bled of our money, time and peace, brain washed and deceived by the carnality of the harlot system that calls itself the church. The doctrines, laws, methods, schemes, promotions, gimmicks, deceptions, fraud and foolishness of the church systems have taken the saints for quite a ride. Thank God, the day is coming when there will be no more sea! And for many of us - blessed be His name - it has already become a glorious fact that within ourselves there is no more sea!
I have fallen victim to most of the above over the years . The reason being i suppose is interpreting the scriptures through the mis conceptions i had of God's heart towards His creation.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-25-2010 at 06:16 PM..

Old 12-21-2010, 11:23 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified [it] by His angel unto His servant John. (Rev 1:1)

---> This topic is simply too deep for a single post, but I hope to open it with thoughts that will stir discussion on the subject.

The Greek word for revelation is APOKALUPSIS, a derivative of APOKALUPTO. APOKALUPTO is a compound word composed of APO, meaning "off" or "away," and KALUPTO, meaning "to cover up." Thus APOKALUPSIS means to take the cover off, to uncover, unveil, reveal or disclose. Thus, the revelation of Jesus Christ is the revealing of what was hidden beforehand.

It's no secret to the Christian that He is "hidden" in the life of the believer. This is the revealing that this book speaks of.

There are levels to understanding the word of God. There is the plain and literal surface meaning; there is the symbolic, figurative, or representative meaning; and there is the spiritual or mystical meaning; and these meanings are on an ascending scale in that order. The highest of all meanings is the spiritual meaning, for that is where we experience the reality of God who is Spirit. John referred to these three levels of truth in these significant words: "I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake...I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one...I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known Him that is from the beginning" (I Jn. 2:13). It's the same word, but on different levels to each realm.

The word of God will meet you at a different place depending upon where you are in the progression of your spiritual development from babes to young men to fathers. The book of Revelation is on the spiritual level.

The visions of the book of Revelation are well-ordered and each of the keys to the book testifies of itself. The idea that the body of Christ is a company of kings and priests, so graphically set forth in chapters four and five, suggests that our ministry is to bring people out of an old world order into a new world.

For the earnest expection of the creature waits for the manifestion of the sons of God. (Rom 8:19)

God has planted within His chosen elect the good seed of the Christ life, and the book of Revelation is the teaching of how God deals both positively and negatively in His people to bring forth the harvest of Christ within us. It is not a book of horrors, but rather an onslaught on the carnal nature of the first Adam.

Thoughts?
Good explanation, elmer.

Maybe it's just me. Let's put aside the questionable details of its authorship and its purpose for coming about. Let's just say for a second it was written for all generations. Two questions:

1. Is it really necessary to write something for God's people that is nearly impossible to understand?

2. If it is not impossible to understand, then why are there literally a thousand different interpretations out there? Who's right? van Impe will tell you he is. Lindsey will tell you the same. But then they have a financial stake in you believing they are right. So I ask again, whose interpretation is right?

Now please don't go philosophical on me and respond, "The Holy Spirit's interpretation is right." Because my next question is, "Well then why is the HS giving a thousand different interpretations to a thousand different people"?

Let's get that far, providing someone cares to answer my befuddled query.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:07 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,128 times
"The natural Man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are Spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you;
I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be
careful to keep my laws.

To me the true transformation into seeing the spiritual part of the Word is by becoming atone with God, truly loving him and asking for his Love to inhabit my very essence. It is God’s Love that is truly transforming my soul and taking the blinders off.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:40 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Good explanation, elmer.

Maybe it's just me. Let's put aside the questionable details of its authorship and its purpose for coming about. Let's just say for a second it was written for all generations. Two questions:

1. Is it really necessary to write something for God's people that is nearly impossible to understand?

2. If it is not impossible to understand, then why are there literally a thousand different interpretations out there? Who's right? van Impe will tell you he is. Lindsey will tell you the same. But then they have a financial stake in you believing they are right. So I ask again, whose interpretation is right?

Now please don't go philosophical on me and respond, "The Holy Spirit's interpretation is right." Because my next question is, "Well then why is the HS giving a thousand different interpretations to a thousand different people"?

Let's get that far, providing someone cares to answer my befuddled query.
Yes, I believe they are all different because they are all on the wrong track. The revelation that Paul revealed was the Son within him. That is the message to all mankind, if he is able to hear it..
As long as Christ is at a distance, the flesh can still have its way. But when we listen to God's Spirit (Anointing) within us, that is true peace and true power, because the son of perdition of the heart is removed and He becomes Lord of all our being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
"The natural Man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are Spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you;
I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be
careful to keep my laws.

To me the true transformation into seeing the spiritual part of the Word is by becoming atone with God, truly loving him and asking for his Love to inhabit my very essence. It is God’s Love that is truly transforming my soul and taking the blinders off.
Wonderful post, Sis!

Blessings!
Brian

Old 12-23-2010, 08:40 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Terror will prevail, because it is the will of God.
In the short term, it may seem to prevail; but remember that He who kills also makes alive - while the storm causes great trebling, the results are the peaceable fruits of righteousness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity