Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 09:53 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times

Advertisements

Today is Father's Day and I can't help but to remember that God gave His only son for us. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

What a profession of true love.

any thoughts? comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 03:05 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Today is Father's Day and I can't help but to remember that God gave His only son for us. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

any thoughts? comments?
I love what you're doing with "The Scripture for the Day" This is great! We should have been doing this all along

Yes, it IS awesome to think what our Spiritual Father did for US! Can you imagine any earthly father doing such a thing?

Thank you Lord for sending Your Son to die so that we may live!
Happy Father's Day God!

Old 06-17-2007, 03:12 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Happy Father's Day dear Lord.

Thank you, but I must confess, God laid this on my heart, and He gets all the credit and glory, I am just the simple messenger. It is His scriptures as I wait on Him to put them in my heart each day.

I do think it will start to go over pretty well. I was wanting something like a Bible study on scripture each day and I do believe this is where this scripture of the day is heading, but wanted to get everyone used to seeing it on here. Hopefully, after I get back from my travels, I will have more time to go indepth on them.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:15 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:

any thoughts? comments?
This is great reminder, thanks for posting it!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:19 AM

396 posts, read 399,271 times
Quote:

any thoughts? comments?
This verse is the crux of Christianity

Old 02-29-2008, 07:18 PM

265 posts, read 615,312 times
Quote:

any thoughts? comments?

my comments:

I love to read the verse this way. I squeeze my eyes shut tight, and grasp my fist with all my might to demonstrate great strength, and then I hang on to one word longer than the rest.

"for God sooooo loved the world........"

and the rest is too well understood

Old 02-29-2008, 08:47 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,218,597 times
I love this verse! It has been my favorite ever since my days as an Awana Sparky

I love it because it offers so much hope in such a terrible world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity