Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:38 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,964,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You know what else I don't understand? That SOME "christians" don't believe that what they're now seeing, right before their very eyes, is in the bible! WOW!

I've heard people say similar things for the last 40 years of my life and nothing has happened or come of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 11:31 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,456,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I've heard people say similar things for the last 40 years of my life and nothing has happened or come of it.
I was speaking about Christians.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:33 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,456,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy63 View Post
From a more carnal perspective, what happens when we cry wolf too many times? As I've mentioned in another thread...or was it this one?...some of the best years of my life were spent, or wasted, just waiting for the Lord to rapture my happy hind-end from this earth instead of living the life the Lord really did give to me.
I can remember the first major energy crisis, every Arab v. Jewish skirmish, every major catastrophe natural or man-made was just another indication that our time is short and to look heavenward.
30-40 years later, here we still are.
Sound like a whole lot of you have lost hope. Hold on.....just a while longer!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:45 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,964,503 times
Quote:

So was I.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:53 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,011,850 times
Quote:
Being a little judgemental,are we?

I am a Christian,and I think all the claims of earthquakes signaling the end of the world are silly.

Are you not aware that Christians trying to read the end times into every event have been predicting the end since before 100AD?One of the main splits with Judaism came because Christians ran to the hills,literally,because they took the passage literally that told them to do so,and abandoned the Jewish army they were fighting alongside.The Jews were defeated,they kicked the Christians out of the synagogues,and lo and behold,we are STILL here,1900 or so years later.

So what you are doing and claiming is nothing new.It is,in fact,what misguided Christians have been doing since the dawn of Christianity.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:08 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,232,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
He IS coming back regardless if people realize it or not!

2 Peter 3:3-7 "First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men."

Don't you see this is what people are saying now?!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:29 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,208,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
He IS coming back regardless if people realize it or not!

2 Peter 3:3-7 "First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men."

That is not what we are saying. What we are saying is don't get caught in the fear machine's mighty jaws. It doesn't care one iota about you or your family, and it's making a lot more money off of this kind of stuff in one day than you will see in a lifetime. That's it's job.

It's job is the OPPOSITE of the fruits of the Spirit. It spreads terror and it rakes in dough.

Whether what it's saying is true or not is beside the point for me. I'll ask yet again. Using the fruits of the Spirit, what are you going to do about it?

Old 06-08-2010, 01:47 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,011,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post

No one here is questioning Him coming back at some point.I don't know if He will come back bodily,but that is another thread.The question here is when.

People have been using the same argument you are using now for centuries.This idea that scoffing is in itself another sign.Some people scoffed in 200 AD.They scoffed in 1000 AD.And in 1500 AD.And 1800 AD.And 1900.It isn't what people are saying just now.There have always been scoffers,so how are the scoffers of 2010 anymore a sign of the end than the scoffers of 1000 AD?In other words,since people have been scoffing since Christ's time,how is scoffing a sign of the end that you would ask "don't you see?".

Don't you see that everything you claim is a sign of the end has been going on for 2000 years?

Old 06-08-2010, 02:11 PM

723 posts, read 1,049,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
That is not what we are saying. What we are saying is don't get caught in the fear machine's mighty jaws. It doesn't care one iota about you or your family, and it's making a lot more money off of this kind of stuff in one day than you will see in a lifetime. That's it's job.

It's job is the OPPOSITE of the fruits of the Spirit. It spreads terror and it rakes in dough.

Whether what it's saying is true or not is beside the point.

No, that is exactly the point!!! I have been looking into this for a couple years, and it does not put FEAR into me. I did not stop having children. I have 2 daughters both under 2 years old. So since I have learned these things I have actually started having kids. Do I want to fight back or take action?? I feel I already have with warnings so that people don't fall for the governments deceptions. Will I physically fight?? Only to protect my family!!! I will not go on the offensive!! I will not initiate attacks on anyone. Alex Jones believes we should fight to take back our government, a revolution if you will. I do not!!! I do not follow what they say as if it is the word of God, but rather I take it for what it shows me is coming in the near future. Since 9-11 the government has put together so many bills that wipe out our rights as Americans, and if that does not bother you then so be it!!! But I am sure there are many who would like to be informed on the secret movements of our government!! Here is an article about a directive signed by President Bush on may 30th 2009!!

Emergency detention plan: 'This way to the camps!'

It is true whether you want to believe it or not!!! There was a bill passed by congress in February 2009. I think it should be read by everyone!!!

Here it is:

Read The Bill: H.R. 645 - GovTrack.us

I have got hundreds of other articles and bills that were passed by congress in the last 2 or 3 years that say that this is happening NOW!!! I do not care what was said about these things in the past!! I do not see proof that it was happening then, but here it is, in front of you NOW!!!

Do with it what you will!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 06-08-2010, 02:15 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,208,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
No, that is exactly the point!!! I have been looking into this for a couple years, and it does not put FEAR into me. I did not stop having children. I have 2 daughters both under 2 years old. So since I have learned these things I have actually started having kids. Do I want to fight back or take action?? I feel I already have with warnings so that people don't fall for the governments deceptions. Will I physically fight?? Only to protect my family!!! I will not go on the offensive!! I will not initiate attacks on anyone. Alex Jones believes we should fight to take back our government, a revolution if you will. I do not!!! I do not follow what they say as if it is the word of God, but rather I take it for what it shows me is coming in the near future. Since 9-11 the government has put together so many bills that wipe out our rights as Americans, and if that does not bother you then so be it!!! But I am sure there are many who would like to be informed on the secret movements of our government!! Here is an article about a directive signed by President Bush on may 30th 2009!!

Emergency detention plan: 'This way to the camps!'

It is true whether you want to believe it or not!!! There was a bill passed by congress in February 2009. I think it should be read by everyone!!!

Here it is:

Read The Bill: H.R. 645 - GovTrack.us

I have got hundreds of other articles and bills that were passed by congress in the last 2 or 3 years that say that this is happening NOW!!! I do not care what was said about these things in the past!! I do not see proof that it was happening then, but here it is, in front of you NOW!!!

Do with it what you will!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
You STILL do not understand me. I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! They have been talking about it for DECADES! MOST of the time, NOTHING drastic comes of it (all very subtle). We lost our FREEDOM a LONG freaking time ago. Your hands were tied the minute you were born. It's like boiling a frog.

So what???

Unless you wan't to be part of the group that wants a revolution I suggest you move on.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity