Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 08:39 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,692,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Isa 55:1 Ho, everyone who thirsts, come to the water; and he who has no silver, come buy grain and eat. Yes, come buy grain, wine and milk without silver and with no price.
Isa 55:2 Why do you weigh out silver for that which is not bread, and your labor for what never satisfies? Listen carefully to Me and eat the good; and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
Isa 55:3 Bend your ear and come to Me; hear, and your soul shall live; and I will cut an everlasting covenant with you, the faithful mercies of David.
Isa 55:4 Behold, I gave Him a Witness to peoples, a Leader and Commander of peoples.
Isa 55:5 Behold, You shall call a nation You do not know; yea, a nation not knowing You shall run to You, because of Jehovah Your God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for He has glorified You.
Isa 55:6 Seek Jehovah while He may be found; call on Him while He is near.
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way and the man of vanity his thoughts, and let him return to Jehovah, and He will have mercy on him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.
Isa 55:8 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says Jehovah.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are high from the earth, so My ways are high from your ways, and My thoughts from your thoughts.

Isa 55:10 For as the rain and the snow comes down from the heavens and do not return there, except it waters the earth and make it bring forth and bud, and give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
Isa 55:11 so shall My Word be, which goes out of My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in what I sent it to do!
Isa 55:12 For you shall go out with joy and be led out with peace. The mountains and the hills shall break out into song before you, and all the trees of the field shall clap the hand.
Isa 55:13 Instead of the thornbush, the fir tree shall come up; instead of the brier, the myrtle shall come up; and it shall be for a name to Jehovah, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.
To me this seems to be a prophecy of Jesus being the salvation of God to men

I notice that Gods word that goes out of His mouth and does not return to him void but accomplishes what it is sent to do is an "everlasting" sign
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 10:00 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
If God's ways are truly higher than our ways, I say, thank goodness!

Old 06-08-2010, 10:53 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
"My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord.
'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
"
Isaiah 55:8-9

Indeed, our thoughts are carnal and affected by our sin nature as well. His love is higher, his mercy deeper than that of any person. Our flesh has veiled God's glory from our eyes. God is PURE. UNDEFILED. CLEAN. HOLY.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
His higher ways and thoughts are made known to us in Matthew 5 .

Old 06-27-2010, 03:27 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Gods ways are higher so get into the program and find God ways a live the life the higher way of God Find the ways that are not of God and get baptised and reject those ways of the world and live the life that God has for you.. Glory to God.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity