Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 12:21 PM

318 posts, read 505,880 times

Advertisements

if it was your only option without a downpayment, your only option to get on the road NOW?

Or would you wait until you saved up a down payment for a better car?

I would prefer to have a sportier looking car, like accord or altima.

Does anyone have this car and like/dislike it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
I think it's downright hideous. You couldn't pay me enough to drive one but sometimes life throws you a curve ball so if its your only option and you need a car badly then go for it.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Wait however long it takes to buy a better car. The Avenger has all the DNA of what almost killed Chrysler.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:53 PM

i thought you guys would say that, lol, you're just saying what i already was thinking...

My mom was saying maybe keep it for a few yrs then trade it in, but if im starting new, i'll probably owe more than its worth for a while huh?

Old 04-20-2013, 01:03 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post
i thought you guys would say that, lol, you're just saying what i already was thinking...

My mom was saying maybe keep it for a few yrs then trade it in, but if im starting new, i'll probably owe more than its worth for a while huh?
Yes, that thing will depreciate rapidly.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:07 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,560,539 times
nope

You're better off walking.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:53 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
Nope I’m not Enterprise and I don’t “bank” at Money Mutual.

That's what the Avenger screams

Old 04-20-2013, 01:58 PM

48 posts, read 107,175 times
I had the Chrysler 200 as a rental, they are very similar - basically the same car but some few detail differences.

As typical, any emblem on the hood that has Chrysler or Dodge on it usually accompanied by a host of gremlins, and a poor residue value also attaches itself to such automobile. Now that was the past, so hopefully things have changed.

Though I cant 100% judge the Avenger, the Chrysler 200 is close enough. Let me tell you, this isn't yeasteryears Sebring - although it sits on the Sebring platform. There have been a numerous changes. Stiffer body mounts, softer ride, revised suspension, rear sway bar, upgraded standard tires (still suck IMO, but you can buy nicer tires yourself). Engineers lowered the suspension and widened the track, added stiffer bushings and thicker anti-roll bars. Yes, I realize this isn't a drivers car, but I've spent several hours in the old Sebring (Government fleet vehicle) and I will declare that the 200 goes through corners with more liveliness, less rolling.

The interior is far much better than the Sebring, higher quality materials, re-enforced roof, tighter tolerances thanks to the softer materials used, higher quality cloth seats, and very noticeable measures to decrease NVH (noise, vibration, harshness). The interior cabin noise is very quiet, but I've been driving a 2005 Honda Accord so just about anything has a quieter interior . Three big dials give focused driver info under a sculptured dash. The climate control knobs are very simplistic looking, but they have a very refined feel to them and are far better than many 'push-button' styled climate controls some cars have. I find the cloth seats to be very quality like, and the cabin is quiet.

The powertrain... no so great
My 200 was an "LX", popular for the rental car fleet. It featured the carry-over 2.4-liter VVT four-cylinder paired with the old four-speed automatic transmission. Its not a bad combination, its not terribly slow but it does feel a bit gutless.

Keep in mind, you can get the 283hp Pentastar V6 engine (Wards 10-best). Despite the heavyness, the performance is fairly remarkable - 14.9 seconds quarter mile.

Now, you said "if it was your only option without a downpayment, your only option to get on the road NOW?"... well, I realize this wasn't a "serious" question and I think you are just asking for giggles? Of course, one with the ability of buying a brand new 2013 car has the financial ability of buying a used car.

On that note, I would not buy the I4 200 or Avenger brand new; there are some interesting off-fleet models for a lower price that may be of consideration. I still think I would want something else, like say a Mazda6.

Lots of Chrysler/Dodge bashers out there, but I give them credit. Its just a band-aid until they come out with the re-engineered 2014 model.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
nope

You're better off walking.

oh man...lol

Old 04-20-2013, 02:02 PM

48 posts, read 107,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post

I second this, unfortunately, poor re-salve value.
Though, you can get a used 30k/40k miles Chrysler 200 for $15,000 - 99% of them are off-rental-fleet cars since they are only 1/2 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram