Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 08:06 PM

86 posts, read 415,987 times

Advertisements

Cinti is very conservative and prejudiced. I don't nec mean by color either but prejudice in many various ways. This used to be a thriving city but I have seen the changes and it has declined greatly. They are attempting to correct and fix some things but the school system is a joke. I lived in Silverton for 10yrs, sold my house d/t the neighborhood change (crime increased and it wasn't a nice quiet area anymore) and moved to West Chester. I have been out here for 6yrs and can honestly say that it is the best decision I ever made. My children have adjusted to being the minority out here and have excelled in the schools out here. I must admit they have learned more and have had better oppurtunities than any of the schools in the city. I am now tired of the city has and am moving this year to another state. The city has its positives and negatives but for me the negatives out weigh the positives. The suburbs are nice and I love West Chester. I hate the drive into downtown Cinti and rush hour traffic is ugly. I must admit its nothing like ATL's traffic...now that is horrible. I look at diff areas that were once nice and they have now become run down areas (roselawn, walnut hills, parts of avondale, silverton, kennedy heights, pleasant ridge etc..) I must admit that the problems are political and until it changes there the city will never prosper and be what it has the potential of being. If anyone tells you that there isn't racial tension in this city....obviously lives a sheltered life or they are blind. The racial tension goes in all directions...it doesn't discriminate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 07:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run2live View Post
I would NOT move to Cincinnati if you don't have to. I have lived here over a year and luckily I am moving soon. Crime rates are very high, the weather is very undesirable, and the people are very rude. I have lived in TN, TX, KY and loved all of them. Cincinnati is a pit and has nothing to offer. Rethink your thoughts of moving here. I don't know anyone from another state who likes Cincinnati or Ohio for that matter!
I, too, have lived in TN, TX and a suburb of Cincy. Fifteen years ago, I got transferred here. Seven years ago, they tried to get me to move back to TX. No thanks!! We turned it down. We love it here. We've made a life and really enjoy the area. I agree that the crime is high in Cincy proper but we really enjoy our part of town (Fairfield).

Old 07-15-2007, 03:52 PM

5 posts, read 34,140 times
Default What?

If you want high crime, try living in Boston. If you want rude people, try living in Boston. If you want corrupt city officials, try living in Boston. Cincinnati may be lacking in many aspects, but I know from experience that it's worse elsewehere.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:33 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,548,295 times
I have just moved down here, living temporarily in Northside with my brother's family. Really a lovely area. Haven't decided if I will live in the city proper, or out in the burbs (to have some land), but really think the whole Metro area has a lot to offer.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:56 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Cincinnati's city government isn't as corrupt as it is inept, alas.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:01 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Cincinnati's city government isn't as corrupt as it is inept, alas.
You wouldn't be referring to Mayor Mallory's pitching, wouldj ya???

Old 07-19-2007, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,007 times
I lived In Cincy for a year and a half and loved it! Steer clear of the inner city as much as possible and you'll have no problems there.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
I agree with the posters above me. Stay out of Cincinnati proper and live in the suburbs. The quality of life in the suburbs is amazingly good and the suburban schools are vastly superior to the innercity schools.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:55 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
I agree! If you are looking for good schools or are scared of your own shadow then by all means stay away from Cincinnati proper.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:08 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
You mean my quality of life when I lived in Cincinnati proper wasn't amazingly good? Bummer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati