U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:55 AM

4 posts, read 7,018 times

Advertisements

If you can talk to the neighbors comfortably then it's the place for you. Nothing replaces the comfort of knowing who surrounds you when chosing a location to raise a family.However, if you are single and capable of defending yourself, the more affordable the better.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 06:20 AM

9 posts, read 11,126 times
I think I'm going to look again because the crime map doesn't show anything that I saw the last time I looked. Maybe it was just a mistake since I can't seem to duplicate the results.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:59 AM

9 posts, read 11,126 times
Sorry to revive and old thread but I finally bought a house about a month ago.
It's right by Mariemont, about 1/4 mile from the end of Mariemont 2 streets down from the Porsche dealership. I'm loving it so far and have some friendly neighbors. I'd recommend Madisonville to people looking for a cheap decent neighborhood just avoid the problem areas if you do move there.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM

37,303 posts, read 66,887,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincyhopeful View Post
It's right by Mariemont, about 1/4 mile from the end of Mariemont 2 streets down from the Porsche dealership. I'm loving it so far and have some friendly neighbors. I'd recommend Madisonville to people looking for a cheap decent neighborhood just avoid the problem areas if you do move there.
Congratulations; I'm glad to hear you're liking it there.

I really miss the old neighborhood ...

Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 AM

9,259 posts, read 15,064,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincyhopeful View Post
If you are that close to Mariemont, are you not likely to actually be in Madison Place rather than Madisonville? Not that it is that much different but Madison Place and Fairfax are separate jurisdictions while Madisonville is a neighborhood of Cincinnati.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM

37,303 posts, read 66,887,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
If you are that close to Mariemont, are you not likely to actually be in Madison Place rather than Madisonville? Not that it is that much different but Madison Place and Fairfax are separate jurisdictions while Madisonville is a neighborhood of Cincinnati.
It depends ...

The city line snakes through the neighborhood. On some streets, the city boundary bisects the block between Plainville and Kenmore; on other streets, it goes as far east as Berwick Street. As you're driving south on Plainville, the city border I think is at either Bramble or Grace.

I lived on Hurd Avenue, in the city; my next door neighbors were in Columbia Township. This came in handy if one of us had an effluvia of trash and needed an extra pickup , or when we gave directions to our houses, (all people had to do was look for the "corporation limit" sign).

Old 03-01-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It depends ...

The city line snakes through the neighborhood. On some streets, the city boundary bisects the block between Plainville and Kenmore; on other streets, it goes as far east as Berwick Street. As you're driving south on Plainville, the city border I think is at either Bramble or Grace.

I lived on Hurd Avenue, in the city; my next door neighbors were in Columbia Township. This came in handy if one of us had an effluvia of trash and needed an extra pickup , or when we gave directions to our houses, (all people had to do was look for the "corporation limit" sign).
Having grown up in nearby Madeira I do realize boundaries there do not always follow a logical vein. I also worked for several years in an office on Bramble Ave right close to Plainville, one gas station away. I am pretty sure we were in Madison Place. But no big deal as you could hardly tell one from the other. I do remember the gas station had a broasted chicken carryout. Don't remember what the brand label was. But I really liked that stuff. On occasions when I would work late it was next door for the broasted chicken and across the street to the Pony Keg for a guart or two of beer.

Even back then the first chance we got we moved to another location on Wooster Pike East of Mariemont.

Last edited by kjbrill; 03-01-2013 at 12:48 PM..

Old 03-02-2013, 05:44 PM

Sorry to have confused the thread. Obviously the OP should know where she lives. I am just glad a house has been found which appears to be satisfactory. If she is happy I am happy, no matter what the area is called.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:26 AM

When we moved from Bramble Ave, we moved to a building on Wooster Pike right across the street from the old Heritage restaurant which was still going strong. It was a strange building, originally a gas station. An architect from Indian Hill had bought it and built a whole new building around it. He used good materials and it was an attractive space, a lower level (basement) and a first floor. There was a small kitchen on each level, plus a large wet bar and conference room on the first along with a steam sauna. We heard the former owner was involved in a divorce and actually lived here.

We just enjoyed it as we could go down to the beer drive-through close by and stock up the refrigerators. What corporate didn't know wouldn't hurt them. Many lunches of frozen pizza and beer. When customers visited to discuss orders, lunch was frequently at the Heritage. How can you not just go across the street?

When corporate went on an austerity program and decided to move us back into a 4th floor barracks in Norwood we had to comply. Thankfully, Makino who by that time had bought the place, built a new facility in Mason just a stones through from my house.

From what I know, the old Heritage restaurant outside of Mariemont has been converted into what is now called Fifty-West beerpub. From what I can tell it is successful. They call it a brewery, but from what I understand the definition, unless you distribute off your own premises you are a brewpub.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati