U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 05:09 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,705,204 times

Advertisements

I used to have a job where I worked in an advisory capacity with very small, mom and pop retailers. No one should ever think they can extrapolate ANYTHING about, say, the trajectory of a neighborhood, based on the small retailers located there. There are so many people who should be doing ANYTHING ELSE besides owning and running a store. Granted, some people really get it, but for every one of those people, my experience was there are 4 or 5 more who make the most astounding bad decisions. It's not necessarily enough to put the business under, but I saw a lot of cases where just a few small changes could have made a world of difference. Location is one of those factors.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 07:02 PM

2,622 posts, read 4,090,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Goyguy you moved out of Cincinnati how many years ago? Why do you keep coming back to this forum? Does it fill something lacking in your life, like conversing with real live people who don't have an axe to grind? Like the majority of your posts, but the Reading Rd thread should just be allowed to subside.

Same for the Stratford Manor and Eastwood Village thread. I had several relatives who lived there. Don't have a problem with people reminiscing, lord knows I do plenty of it But there is a point where it totally interferes with something projecting itself as a venue to the future. If many people simply want a reminisce vehicle transfer to somewhere else. But as long as you are here I will participate and add my remembrances. Sorry if I offend anyone, but it is just a fact of life.

If that is a nasty thought to you, I will start a Madeira thread and flood you with stories about how it was a great place to grow up in. But I don't think it is in the interest of the majority of the forum viewers. So let's think of a way to get this forum back to a grass roots mentality. Sorry, just my thought.
His response was a response to my question, which was about a Reading Road business 35 years ago.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:06 PM

4,865 posts, read 13,053,028 times
Eat this, brill:
//www.city-data.com/forum/cinci...ey-really.html

You know damn well how close my ties are to da nasty Nati and how if ANYBODY lives in a glass house here it's our man in Mason. Let's not even get into who does the over-sharing...goetta recipes in a thread about school systems, good God, to name but one of multitudinous examples. "My pregnant wife cried when I showed her the house I'd just bought" how many fricken times???
I can't "keep coming back" if I never left. LOL
Let's go back to being off-forum friends & cat story sharers K? Seriously. We're grown-ass men.

Now then. Let's return to where we were before getting so rudely interrupted by a countless-times repeat offender. The long-ago "nice" Drake Motel went on the auction block recently. Anybody know who got the dubious honor of submitting the winning bid?

Last edited by goyguy; 03-12-2015 at 07:23 PM..

Old 03-12-2015, 07:56 PM

9,259 posts, read 15,862,190 times
Remember the Drake when it was a decent motel but can't honestly remember how long ago that was now.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:24 PM

10,135 posts, read 26,295,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Eat this, brill:
//www.city-data.com/forum/cinci...ey-really.html

Let's not even get into who does the over-sharing...goetta recipes in a thread about school systems, good God, to name but one of multitudinous examples. "My pregnant wife cried when I showed her the house I'd just bought" how many fricken times???
I can't "keep coming back" if I never left. LOL
Let's go back to being off-forum friends & cat story sharers K? Seriously. We're grown-ass men.
Did you get the award for personal attacks?

Last edited by Wilson513; 03-12-2015 at 08:42 PM..

Old 03-12-2015, 08:59 PM

9,259 posts, read 15,862,190 times
Don't know and don't care. Personal attacks to me are well off the spectrum. If we can't see beyond personal attacks this forum is totally worthless. I hope we still have values left in this City. And when I say City I mean Greater Cincinnati, the whole Metro Area, now extending from NKY to Dayton. That is where the future is. OK I will get off my soapbox but not sure others will follow. And I am in a thread named Mid Century Reading Rd. Please relate to me what this thread has to do due with anything in our current society?

Last edited by kjbrill; 03-12-2015 at 09:10 PM..

Old 03-13-2015, 05:00 AM
Yac

6,039 posts, read 7,395,082 times
So I take it sice you're discussing publicly what you should have talked about in private, this thread is no longer relevant and I should close it ?
Also, telling someone he cannot post somewhere because he doesn't live there .. how is that ok ? Really, how is that ok ? If someone is posting bs, prove him wrong. If you disagree with his opinion - feel free to disagree. But unless you start your own forum with your own rules, don't tell others where they can and cannot post.
And if you feel someone is breaking the rules - contact a mod about it.
It's that simple.
Yac.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:30 PM

88 posts, read 220,445 times
Default This thread

I found this thread by googling the name of our family restaurant that used to be on Reading Road. I was drawn into posting on it by goyguy' knowledge and style of writing. I have stayed with it off and on for several years and even made friends through it. I would hate to see it shut down. Please stop the personal attacks and act like adults. Thank you!

Old 03-16-2015, 12:32 PM

4,865 posts, read 13,053,028 times
Yes, ma. Can I go to Bilker's for a pickle now?

Old 03-16-2015, 08:45 PM

15,920 posts, read 11,047,706 times
Default Another loss

Woody Weinstein, owner of Sharonville Pharmacy for years before he sold to one of the chains, passed away last week.

He was a crazy (good) guy, a old school pharmacist and a great mentor and friend

A long line of independent pharmacies were once on Reading Rd, most are long gone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati