Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:54 AM

17,583 posts, read 13,362,412 times

Advertisements

We were at Bootsiy's twice. Both times the food was great (what else would you expect from Jeff Ruby?) But also both times I felt that this would be a great Soho, or Chicago or San Francisco restaurant.

Let's face it, downtown Cincinnati is virtually dying or dead! Before you gang up on me, sure there are the few who live and/ or work downtown that support anything finer than Cadillac Ranch and Rick Bottom. And they are only full during rush hour and game weekends.

Almost everything is closed on Sundays. Do you know how hard it is to find something to eat on Sunday when going to the Aronoff? You have Nicholson's, Nada, Cadillac Ranch, Rock Bottom and maybe Palamino and McCormick and Schmicks. (I'm not sure about those because the people we go with to the Aronoff can't walk farther. Oops, I forgot Benehana - a poor example of an overpriced chain.

I loved Bootsy's, I loved the atmosphere, I loved the food. But it looks like I am one of the few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 12:00 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincity View Post
Many happenin' folks in the 21-35 demo are out and about at 2am in large american cities. This isn't 1960 any more. A woman being out and about at 2am in a fine restaurant/bar in an upscale part of a thriving downtown is probably not a bimbo. If she's standing in a street corner alone 2 block up, yeah you got a point.

I'd agree with that, but this girl had two boyfriends within 30 feet of each other and, when all of the evidence is in, probably everyone was drunk. So, being out at 2:00AM does not make one a bimbo, but the circumstances of this event sure look like a girl making bad choices and too much romance. Or, too much drama.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:52 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,719,836 times
Mike1003, Cincinnati is "Dying or Dead?" ... are you out of your damn mind? Don't generalize an entire group of people that happen to live within the boundaries of the CBD. There are people that enjoy NADA, but wouldn't step foot in Caddy Ranch and vise versa.

This new "Restaurant Row" isn't something that's there because the area is dying. It popped up because One place is opening right after another and developers/investors are riding off the coattails of momentum.

Btw, there are only a handful of cities that will have the same traffic on a Sunday that's present on a Saturday. I'm well traveled and not naive - anyone who would argue otherwise is fooling themselves.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:06 AM

2 posts, read 3,556 times
I agree with you. Downtown on Saturday nights is probably the most exciting night throughout the week. Everywhere you look are gorgeous women in all colors and shades. I'm happy with the new development going on downtown. Separately, I'm sorry to hear about Bootsy closing down temporarily or permenantly. There are still Black people, like myself, in Cincinnati who want to see thriving African American owned enterprises operating downtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Mike1003, Cincinnati is "Dying or Dead?" ... are you out of your damn mind? Don't generalize an entire group of people that happen to live within the boundaries of the CBD. There are people that enjoy NADA, but wouldn't step foot in Caddy Ranch and vise versa.

This new "Restaurant Row" isn't something that's there because the area is dying. It popped up because One place is opening right after another and developers/investors are riding off the coattails of momentum.

Btw, there are only a handful of cities that will have the same traffic on a Sunday that's present on a Saturday. I'm well traveled and not naive - anyone who would argue otherwise is fooling themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati