Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 PM

29 posts, read 187,221 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I don't post on here much but anyway I'm wondering about Forest Ridge Apartments. Can anyone give me any kind of insight on these apartments like the location, is it safe, what it is near, and the type of neighborhood it is located in. I think it is located on Hawaiian Terrace, if that means anything to someone. Oh also to help out, I'm a single black 22 year old male. I'm going to be visiting the area again at the end of this month but I just wanted to hear some input from someone who is actually familiar with the area. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 04:23 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,143 times
I really wouldn't recommend anything on Hawaiian Terrace. There tends to be some crime issues in that general area.

Have you thought about the east side of town.....Oakley or Hyde Park? You could also try Fairfield. How much can you afford, and where would you prefer to live?

Old 07-03-2007, 07:34 PM

29 posts, read 187,221 times
Actually I have been looking at some places online in Oakley and Hyde Park. The reason why I asked about Hawaiian Terrace is because I found some nice apartments at a fairly reasonable price. I guess the crime issue is why I found it at a fairly reasonable price. I don't want to be located in an area full of crime. I'm looking at spending no more than $700 a month for a 1 bedroom aprtment and I prefer to live in an area that has some night life and other activities going on.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,608 times
Default Crime and Hawaiian Terrace

Actually there is something of a crime problem up there. I live about two miles from that street. But it is in spectacular surroundings, as you must have noticed. Mt Airy forest is one of the largest wooded areas inside any metro area in the country. Great place to hike, etc.

You're about a mile from one of the most attractive night life areas in the city, which is Northside, where there is a greater concentration of bars with live music, interesting local bands, and so forth, than nearly any other place in the city.

In the end it depends on what you are used to. If you are moving here from the country, the Terrace might be a little much for you. But if you are an accomplished city dweller, don't worry. Good luck!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle-vet22 View Post
Actually I have been looking at some places online in Oakley and Hyde Park. The reason why I asked about Hawaiian Terrace is because I found some nice apartments at a fairly reasonable price. I guess the crime issue is why I found it at a fairly reasonable price. I don't want to be located in an area full of crime. I'm looking at spending no more than $700 a month for a 1 bedroom aprtment and I prefer to live in an area that has some night life and other activities going on.
You might have a bit of a problem finding a one-bedroom apartment in Hyde Park for $700. It's not impossible, but you'd have a better chance at finding something in Oakley. There are some bars there, and it's a pretty hip area.

What kind of specific night life and other activities are you talking about......bars? Theaters? Late-night restaurants? General "hanging around the public square" type stuff?

There are a few areas that have all those things in the same neighborhood, but they tend to be a bit pricey. Mt. Adams is the ideal spot, but you're going to be hard-pressed to find an apartment there in your price range.

You could look at the Clifton Gaslight district. You'd find an apartment there in your price range. It's near UC, Burnett Woods park, the zoo, a ton of bars, community theater, etc. Clifton Gaslight is relatively crime-free. I would DEFINITELY stay away from Avondale, Walnut Hills, Mt. Auburn, West End and Over-the-Rhine.

North of town, you could check out Fairfield. You would easily find an apartment there, and it's basically crime-free. You might have to drive a few miles to some activities, but it's a nice area.

My other suggestion, if you're not opposed to it, is to check out Covington, Kentucky - right across the Ohio River from downtown Cincinnati. Lots of nightlife there, easy access to downtown and Mt. Adams, as well as Newport, which has nightlife venues as well. Apartments in Covington and Newport would be very affordable, and they are pretty safe areas.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:01 PM

56 posts, read 264,520 times
Mount Lookout might be doable.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:30 PM

Mt. Lookout is a cool area, but do you think he could find an apartment in his price range? If so, I would recommend it, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati