Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 01:17 PM

10 posts, read 24,529 times

Advertisements

Okay yes I know I am new to Cincy, been here almost 1 year but I always see such negative post, comments about Price Hill. Yes , I watch the news and hear about some of the crime but to me crime is every where. I really like where I live have a nice park right across the street where I can watch my kids and grandkids play. Which has been great watching them sled down the hill since this is our first winter here and from FL never seen snow before. We have great neighbors who look out for us. Plus the Public Libary is a stone trow away so my kids at any given time can walk right there. Yes we have seen our share of crime since we have been here but if you do not involve yourself in that lifestyle and use commen since about walking around in the middle of the night we have had really no issues. Everything is so close to us, within walking . Also some of the most beautiful homes I have ever seen. Then there is Mt. Echo such great views and a beautiful place. We went there for a Easter Picnic and found everyone there very frindly. Now within the next year I plan on buying a home which may not be here in Price Hill not because I do not like it but because my kids want to live in a home with large property, however I am thinking of buying a place or two here in Price Hill to rehab for investment. I really feel if pepole would stop complaing and turning their back on the problems that Price Hill does have and invested into the area they could really help make this neighborhood what it should be. If you drive down some of the streets here...omg such wonderful well kept homes. Homes like I had never seen as I moved here from FL most of the homes there were all new construction. Well my post was basically to give my opion and see what others that live here have to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 01:46 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,948,840 times
thanks for the post. i really like price hill, too. problems get so blown out of proportion on here sometimes and in the media in general. i would feel perfectly safe living and raising kids in price hill and would absolutely love the three-minute commute to downtown, the best views in the city, the historic homes, etc, etc. in so many cities places like price hill but with four times the crime and twenty times the real estate prices are turning around and attracting families and individuals in spite of it all. we are lucky to have what we have here in Cincy. i hope to someday restore a place in price hill.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:06 PM

165 posts, read 396,984 times
To Now a Cincy Girl: I'd like to just quickly add that my wife and I are Cincinnatians-in-waiting. (for our TX home to sell) We love historic homes and Price Hill (West, East, and Lower) is one of the areas we've considered. We'd love to have neighbors like you! Thanks for sharing your positive experiences and optimism.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:22 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,822,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintrest View Post
To Now a Cincy Girl: I'd like to just quickly add that my wife and I are Cincinnatians-in-waiting. (for our TX home to sell) We love historic homes and Price Hill (West, East, and Lower) is one of the areas we've considered. We'd love to have neighbors like you! Thanks for sharing your positive experiences and optimism.
It is great to see people determined to make a go of it in some of the Cincy neighborhoods. Now if we can get these same people to demand CPS get their act together, there may be real progress for the City. CPS must be the largest single entity holding the city back, and there is absolutely no reason for it.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:27 PM

41,990 posts, read 75,271,349 times
Like every other neighborhood in Cincinnati, Price Hill has its good and bad pockets. Usually when people squwak in general about your "bad neighborhood," they're doing it out of ignorance.

Price Hill has a lot going for it -- close to downtown, historic homes, and an active community council. Sure, there are problems, but no neighborhood in Cincinnati is immune.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintrest View Post
Well I do hope that you find what I have here and please don't let others negative comments steer you away. I am not going to lie and say that Price Hill does not have its issues but so do most places. And you can find some wonderful homes here I myself love the Tudor ...i know I did not spell that correctly but I love those homes and there and many wonderful old homes here. But as I said before you have to make it what you want. I have noticed a lot of people putting down the area. Well my idea on that first of all if you don't live here who are you to judge and second instead of complaing do your part and help make the neighbor hood what it could and should be. So many are quick to say negative things while the sit back and watch the news but not willing to get there hands dirty and make this a great place for all. Just in the time I have been here I have seen Price Hill Will do some awesome rehabs on homes. I heard recently that they bought a buliding down the road from me and are going to rehab it. I love to see this going on . It is such a nice change from where I am from where if a building , home etc was old they just tore it down and built new. Here they rehab and try to preserve the wondeful history this city has. Good luck in your move ....I hope all works out as well for your family as it did for mine. Also don't listen to the ones that say the Cincy natives are not frindly and only like their own...I have found that to be not true at all as a matter of fact the friends I have made here are all natives. Smiles...Good Luck!!

Old 01-21-2011, 03:46 PM

Oh and BTW for those interested in seeing what is going on GOOD in Price Hill. Look up Price Hill Will on Facebook. They are doing a lot of good things for this neighborhood to make it what it should be.
Keep Smiling!!!

Old 01-22-2011, 02:15 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,948,840 times
price hill will is probably the best neighborhood organization in the city. there are a couple other good ones and quite a few pretty lousy ones, too. lower price hill is one area that if it can survive the blight bulldozer will someday be an amazing place.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:05 PM

682 posts, read 1,631,201 times
There is a lot of restoration going on in Price Hill, certainly Price Hill Will has put several million into the area. I wish they were more "restoration focused" rather than rehab. I know a lot of former residents of Mt Adams who are quietly buying and restoring because the views are incredible.

I think in 5-7 years people will be saying "remember when Price Hill was affordable"?

Old 01-25-2011, 03:39 PM

64 posts, read 142,819 times
i rented a house in Price Hill for a year during college on MT HOPE street. I was skeptical at first when I saw all the crime maps and such on the internet but I have to say it was a great place to live.

I loved being so close to downtown and UC. Great views of the city. I was able to walk outside at any time of day or night and not feel threatened. I would get home from work sometimes at 1am on a Friday night and I was out routinely around 2am walking my dog around the neighborhood and I never encountered a person who was threatening. People you would think look shady would approach you but their just like anyone else.

If I had the money to rent or buy a house on my own I would definitely consider going back. As of now its seems i move to a neighborhood every 12 months but I dont mind I like them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati