Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:39 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,838,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
We're a week away - can't wait to be there! Even though it looks like there'll be "only" ravioli this time:
Sacred Heart dinner is for ravioli lovers | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Since they make 100,000 there should be plenty for all the C-D'ers.
I stand corrected, my reliable source tells me there'll be spag galore there too - you can get a combo plate, and that's what I plan to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,587,532 times
Hubby and I are going to have to sit this one out,sadly. He fell and fractured his shoulder right after that bad ice storm that hit Ohio in the beginning of February. As a result he was out on medical leave from work for almost two months so he doesn't get anymore vacation days until June. Also we got to watch our pennies because of medical bills we incurred because of that fall. Hopefully we would be able to make the next meet-up.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:40 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,538,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters21 View Post
Hubby and I are going to have to sit this one out,sadly. He fell and fractured his shoulder right after that bad ice storm that hit Ohio in the beginning of February. As a result he was out on medical leave from work for almost two months so he doesn't get anymore vacation days until June. Also we got to watch our pennies because of medical bills we incurred because of that fall. Hopefully we would be able to make the next meet-up.
OUCH! Sorry to hear that. Hope he's doing OK now...

Old 04-15-2011, 04:04 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,086,932 times
Who knows, I might drop by for some home-made pasta. Italians and pasta, an inseparable combination. Also, it gives me an excuse to visit my brother who is now recovering at University Hospital. Only thing that might stop me is gas prices.

On that note, where is the best place to park?

Old 04-15-2011, 08:39 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,838,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightflyer View Post
On that note, where is the best place to park?
ROFLMAO!!!
Sacred Heart Church is in a neighborhood where there are few driveways to the houses, let alone parking lots. The parishioners are hard at work as I write, preparing megaportions of pasta and sauce for consumers that number in the thousands. I'm getting a ride down, m'self.
But it will hopefully be a beauteous spring afternoon so you won't mind however far you'll have to walk. Hoofing it will do you good after all that high-calorie high-carb food anyway!

Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,086,932 times
LOL! I figured as much. I'll need to drive though since I will be coming in from Dayton plus making a stop at University Hospital. Thanks for the advice!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:35 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,137,009 times
Hope you all have a good time today! I wont be able to attend due to my son's Rugby game....eat a big plate full for me!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:39 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,538,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
Hope you all have a good time today! I wont be able to attend due to my son's Rugby game....eat a big plate full for me!
We'll crtainly miss you, HG!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:44 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,505,020 times
Hope everyone had a great time. Even though I missed it, we did get a visit this weekend from both boys and their wives ... AND that meant we got to spend time with our GRANDSON!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:58 AM

88 posts, read 233,284 times
And a great time was had by all! Though a smaller group than normal, it was good to see those who braved the crowds for those homemade raviolis - and they did run out early! Goy Guy, Wrightflyer, Crew Chief, Gerri Ann and a few of their family members were in attendance on a beautiful sunny spring afternoon. Both the Italian descendants in our party gave the sauce and little pillows of spinach, veal, etc., thumbs up for deliciousness and authenticity! Throw in some live music - with an Italian theme, of course, and what else could you ask for!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati