U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 AM

9 posts, read 22,266 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any insight into Anderson Township? What is the best area?

I have heard there are 2 school districts... Where do those split?

Which side is better suited for kids/families?

What is the commute to downtown like?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 12:09 PM

9,259 posts, read 14,154,461 times
The majority of Anderson Township is in the Forest Hills School District. A portion is in the CPS District. Avoid the CPS section.

It is usually advertised as a 15 minute commute to downtown, but frankly I wouldn't want to be hanging that long. Call it a 30 minute.

Being a township, there are several identifiable areas. Turpin Hills is very nice and closer to downtown.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:49 PM

32,938 posts, read 61,419,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhicincy View Post
Like KJbrill said, parts of the township are in the Cincinnati school district. Forest Hills School District, which encompasses most of the township, has two high school subdistricts, one for Anderson High School, and the other for Turpin High School. Within those high school subdistricts are smaller subdistricts for the elementary schools.

Quote:
I'd say around 25 to 30 minutes, barring horrific accidents or construction screwups.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM

861 posts, read 1,927,112 times
Almost all of the residential streets in Anderson Twp are family friendly. Beechmont Avenue is the main road through Anderson and is often very busy. If you live in Anderson Twp, you'll be shopping and dining on Beechmont Ave, but it's a good idea to keep a little bit of distance between all of that traffic and your home -- assuming that you don't like to live within earshot of a major road.

My favorite areas are Turpin Hills and the streets just south of the I-275 beltway. There are nature preserves and parks and golf courses between I-275 and Route 52/Kellogg Rd -- the streets and homes in that area are beautiful. There are also many nice areas (in addition to Turpin Hills) between Clough Pike and Route 32/Batavia Rd. Again, almost any street in Anderson could meet your definition of "nice." Just make sure you know where the boundaries are with Mount Washington (west) and Clermont County (east).

Last edited by nico7; 03-07-2011 at 06:31 PM..

Old 03-07-2011, 07:14 PM

14,485 posts, read 24,664,112 times
Quote:
Anyone have any insight into Anderson Township? What is the best area?

Which side is better suited for kids/families?

People buy in Anderson Township for two reasons. First, the Forest Hills School District is a very good school district and is one that is considered desirable. Second, since the area is unincorporated, there are no local income taxes which is the norm in Ohio.

The Turpin area is one of the more upscale neighborhoods in the area but is certainly not the only area worth looking at. There are subdivisions at a variety of price points throughout the township.

As for major accidents, yes they happen. However, with the addition of I-475 and the use of Clough Pike, you can generally bypass the accidents on Beechmont Ave. (on the hill).

Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 AM

74 posts, read 171,571 times
We are moving there April 1st. We are renting a townhouse at Ivy Hills (on 32) for 6 months while we look for a house in Clermont. We'll be sending our 7 year old to the forest Hills District.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:29 PM

9 posts, read 22,266 times
Just got a contract on an awesome house in Turpin Hills. Thanks everyone for your help and advice!

Old 05-08-2011, 05:27 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,202,328 times
Quote:
Just got a contract on an awesome house in Turpin Hills. Thanks everyone for your help and advice!
Congratulations, and thanks for checking in and letting us know!

Old 05-19-2011, 12:51 PM

213 posts, read 571,140 times
I lived in Anderson for a few years. I liked it when I was there.
I was right on the Hamilton County / Clermont County border.
The people were nice for the most part. You had some wannabees that acted like they were living in Indian Hill or something but for the most part the people were pleasant.

The only thing I didn't like was that it was very clustered near Beechmont. Our backyard touched 5 other backyards. That was not ideal if you prefer any kind of privacy. Then again the Turpin Hills area isn't clustered like that.

I still have friends that live there and they all tell me that there is a serious decline starting in Mount Washington and sadly it is beginning to trickle into Anderson Township. I did drive through Mount Washington a few weeks back and it certainly looks like it has changed in the last 5 years.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:44 PM

5,922 posts, read 7,263,253 times
I used to live in Summit Estates (8 Mile/Beechmont area) in the 1980s. I drove thru my old neighborhood last year and noticed many houses in Summit appeared to be in a mild state of decay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or