Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 01:52 PM

192 posts, read 317,537 times

Advertisements

If either of you are musicians, singers, or songwriters, and despite having good jobs thought you might want to try and make a name for yourself in country music, Nashville would be the better choice.

I'm not making a joke here. I've played with a number of local bands in the past, rock and country, and whenever someone aspired to try and make it big, moving to New York, California, or Nashville, and leaving everyone behind was always difficult for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2024, 10:19 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,259,647 times
Two different worlds. Cincinnati is more "corporate" (thanks, P&G) than other cities in Ohio but it is not Nashville. Nashville is "new", in every sense of the word: it acts and thinks new and 21st century. Cincinnati is a river town with history and traditions based on that. Change occurs slower in Cincy; Nashville almost seems more unrecognizable with each passing decade, with downtown acting like Vegas on a Saturday night. Nashville is an economic booming growth machine lately, more like Phoenix or Charlotte than Cincinnati.
Cincinnati has some southern characteristics, but it is not as "Southern" as Nashville. Also, Nashville is Music City, though much of the old country music feel has changed (not lessened). Cincinnati, however, has a terrific local live music scene (I used to play in bands there every weekend) and is no slouch.
The metro regions both lean red, perhaps Nashville more so.
Both cities have terrific suburbs with nice schools and quality of life, and hip city neighborhoods offering all of the amenities. Also, Hyde Park is not a suburb. It is a city neighborhood with a suburban feel, but with city services and schools FYI. Don't know if you were aware.
Where will you be moving from. I asked this as the North/South thing is the biggest difference, and it should impact your decision. I'm a truly urban northern guy and would not be happy in Tennessee, but that's just me.

Old 05-20-2024, 01:22 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,486,299 times
Thus may sound trivial, but Nashville is on central time; Cincinnati is on eastern time. I love central time with things like Monday Night Football, the Tonight Show, etc. all starting an hour earlier. I love Cincinnati, but Nashville is terrific in its own right.

Old Today, 02:52 PM

44 posts, read 28,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Where will you be moving from. I asked this as the North/South thing is the biggest difference, and it should impact your decision. I'm a truly urban northern guy and would not be happy in Tennessee, but that's just me.
FWIW, OP's query about which city to move to was 13 years ago this month. This is one of those threads that won't die, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Here's an update on OP's choice from 10 years ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
In case you haven't noticed, the original OP of this thread is long gone. The original intent was a job relocation between Nashville and Cincinnati. The OP chose Cincinnati, and has been running all over the forum trying to decide between Hyde Park and Wyoming. Finally chose Wyoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati