Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 07:14 PM

55 posts, read 89,514 times

Advertisements

My 5 reasons.....
1. Living at the Banks....
2. All I could ever want is walking distance from the Banks....
3. The Reds....
4. The Bengals...
5. Oh.. and living at the Banks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 08:04 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
The Bengals?

Old 10-02-2011, 09:31 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
Graeter's, Amma's Kitchen, Lenhardt's on a schnitzel night, Gas Light Café...hmmm...to make five I'll include holiday schnecken.

Only problem is, the OP wanted five reasons to live in Cincinnati. There are lots of other cities that have mansion districts, a world-class arts scene, and pretty parks. A few have good zoos. Most have a big bland overpriced theme park. Name one that doesn't have college if not professional sports teams. Megachurches and suburban sprawl - as if those were positive things - are done better elsewhere, not that Cincy isn't trying to contend. Homicide by cop and paranoia of the poor are excelled at, but that isn't a plus either. A decent mass transit system (including light-rail lines, the horror) definitely can't be found. Wow. Five reasons to consider a move to Cincinnati? Is this a trick question?

Old 10-02-2011, 01:53 PM

5,976 posts, read 13,112,439 times
1. You would like to work either directly or indirectly for one of the worlds largest supplier of health/grooming/beauty products.

2. You like the history/architecture/urban fabric (rowhouses, compact distinct neighborhoods with character) of an east coast city, but without the east coast cost of living.

3. You have always found German or German descended people very attractive.

4. You can look past the negatives of southern influence for the positives. (Southern influence may mean racism may be more open and overt, but for those who are NOT racist, are more likely to feel very comfortable interacting with and may even have several black friends. Versus in Chicago and New York (#3 and #2 most segregated cities respectively) where people may sincerely be disgusted and abhor and open racist remarks, but yet have no black friends/acquaintances).

5. You like centrally located cities. Cincy is close to the population geographic center of the United States, and can reach most of the larger metro areas of the country east of the Miss. River within a days drive.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:52 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,466,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The Bengals?
AFC Championship game within the next four years. Book it.

You heard it here first ...

Old 10-03-2011, 05:56 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
AFC Championship game within the next four years. Book it.

You heard it here first ...
LOL, we've been hearing that for the past 20 years.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LOL, we've been hearing that for the past 20 years.
Not from me you haven't.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:33 PM

5 posts, read 8,439 times
Default I wont give 5 but I will say this.... location, location, location

Cincinnati geographically speaking is blessed with location. I've been htting up every short days drive stop for a concert series this year and let me tell you this... 5 hours drive (give or take) can put you so many cities.

St. Louis, Lexington Ky, Columbus Ohio, Chicago, Nashville, Knoxville, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Louisville,

There's probably more here that I haven't even thought of.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby22788 View Post
Cincinnati geographically speaking is blessed with location. I've been htting up every short days drive stop for a concert series this year and let me tell you this... 5 hours drive (give or take) can put you so many cities.

St. Louis, Lexington Ky, Columbus Ohio, Chicago, Nashville, Knoxville, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Louisville,

There's probably more here that I haven't even thought of.
Detroit certainly. Add two more hours and you can include Baltimore and DC. I do that drive all the time.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:58 PM

34 posts, read 73,273 times
1. Live in the only U.S. city with an intact Subway System that was never put to use.

2. OTR and surrounding areas has the largest collection of Italianate Architecture in the U.S.

3. Indulge in over 140 chili chains and the two million pounds of chili Cincinnatians enjoy every year.

4. Cincinnati is the first city to have a fire department and a weather bureau.

5. Enjoy Goetta and the one million pounds that is made per year, of which 99% is consumed here.

I would not consider these reasons to move here necessarily, but I wanted to bring something to the table, nobody else has
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati