Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 03:30 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
. And, fortunately, Tim Horton's is alive & well in SW Ohio!.
Alive, yes. Well, NO!

In Canada, it is hard to even park in a Tim Horton's and the product - coffee and donuts - is excellent.

I stopped at one in North Dayton. Frozen donuts, frozen bagels, FIFTEEN minutes to get the food even though we were the ONLY people in the store on a SUNDAY morning.

I normally don't complain but I sent a note to the franchisor and basically received a FU response from corporate.

KK did not last long in Chicago. There are better local options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 05:43 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
The KK I referenced in my original post was well over 50 years ago. Yes, they did move quite a number of years ago. But to say they were just a flash-in-the-pan and flamed out is not fair either. All businesses have to change and adapt to the circumstances. Let's see if Starbucks lasts any longer.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:16 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
The KK I referenced in my original post was well over 50 years ago. Yes, they did move quite a number of years ago. But to say they were just a flash-in-the-pan and flamed out is not fair either. All businesses have to change and adapt to the circumstances. Let's see if Starbucks lasts any longer.

KK was a regional chain that was HQ'd in the Southeast for years.

In the late 90s, they decided to go national and started opening stores everywhere and started selling their donuts anywhere. The problem was, the company was making most of their money selling donut making equipment as opposed to making donuts.

Within a few years, they pulled out of many of the markets and they are evolving into ... a regional chain.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:14 AM

973 posts, read 2,141,172 times
We have 2, I think that's all, not counting gas station stores that sell them, not the same, here in Utah. I remember from Akron, OH, the KK, NE corner of Waterloo & Main. I loved those warm glazed donuts. It was always a big treat for us to get a donut, or cream stick, or kruler (sp?) , as we call them, from there. Cream sticks were the most coveted. lol

Then, I read about it being 'so cool' in Cali to get KK, we even went through a KK drive thru in FL. =P I was like, we are low key, not 'trendy', then, our KK's went away. =*( Sad, I can see the logo in my head. We do have a local donut place, but, just not the same. Not us all waiting for the hot & dripping donuts. lol &, I'm 'only' 36.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:22 PM

9 posts, read 8,556 times
Krispy Creme donuts are out in Beechmont area. Just opened a year or so ago. They are alive
and well in Myrtle Beach, SC., One on Rt 17 below Mrytle beach on the right going toward Charleston and I believe there is one up on King's Highway up above 20th avenue. They are
good when hot. My son's friend was manager of the one where White Castle is now on Highland
Avenue in Columbia Township off of Ridge. It did burn down however and WC replaced it.
Fred in Cincinnati. We know Mrytle Beach very well as you can tell.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:58 PM

5 posts, read 10,744 times
Krispy Kreme is alive and well in S.C. My favorite donut shop is called Crispy Creme, (yes, spelled with a C). It's been in business for decades in Chillicothe, Ohio. The donuts are wonderful. Far better than their more well known cousin, Krispy Kreme.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:18 AM

108 posts, read 120,474 times
We had Krispy Kremes on the West Coast and don't take this the wrong way, but I thought the donuts were average. They were smaller than your conventional grocery store fresh baked donut and never hit the spot for me. Maybe these were just the West Coast models, diet size for salad eaters, lol.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:12 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
KK are horrible donuts. Vomituous. About the same as a 7_11 donut. Try a Busken donut next time and see.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:28 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
You can buy them in packages at Drug Mart in the Cleveland area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati