Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:56 PM

205 posts, read 984,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor1977 View Post
Maple Street is with Fischer. Drees/Zaring low entry line is called Marquis.
From what I've seen, Marquis is far superior to Maple Street - at least appearance-wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 03:04 PM

28 posts, read 109,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franke01 View Post
From what I've seen, Marquis is far superior to Maple Street - at least appearance-wise.
You are right. Marquis is pretty decent for starter homes.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:56 PM

14 posts, read 96,852 times
I am so sorry i mispoke. I did mean to say Fischer and not Drees/Zaring. I guess all of this homebuilding stuff has killed what remaining brain cells I have.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:06 PM

205 posts, read 984,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac3of4 View Post
I am so sorry i mispoke. I did mean to say Fischer and not Drees/Zaring. I guess all of this homebuilding stuff has killed what remaining brain cells I have.
No big deal.

My understanding is that Drees (Ralphie) spun off Fischer (a former employee/associate).

They've been around for a long time - as have many others - and it's easy to confuse them.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 6,528 times
Default foxridge, tallmadge

i was thinking of building with Ryan in Tallmadge Ohio, anyone know/heard things regarding that community ?

Old 04-20-2008, 06:26 AM

2 posts, read 8,492 times
Default National Builders in Cincinnati/Dayton

It seems the national builders are quickly pulling out of the Cincinnati/Dayton markets. Beazer is gone, Ryland and St Lawrence ( a regional) is leaving and Ryan is exiting communities. Ryan has left this market before. Locally owned and managed builders are rooted in the community, have their family names and reputations on the line and will be here year after year. In Cincinnati, Drees has been around for more than 50 years and Fischer for more than 25. In Dayton, Gold Key Homes, owned by the Oberer family, has been around for more than 60 years. These are the types of builders I would put my trust (and my largest single investment) with.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:32 PM

14 posts, read 96,852 times
We have just moved into out ryan home and you guessed it, lots of problems. During the building process the battle we had was with visible drywall seams in the ceilings and walls. We were informed that " unfortunately drywall is not a seamless product". We did get them fixed finally after threatening to walk away. Now we are dealing with 6 major cracks in the driveway and a vinyl floor that is put together like a puzzle using old remanent sheets and a couple strips of new flooring. You can tell that parts of the floor are old, faded and worn. The new strips are vibrant and glossy. I counted 10 seams in our entry, hall, kitchen and morning room. We have floor squeaks out the yin yang and already there are about a dozen nail pops. We are in for a battle I am sure. I will keep you posted.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:57 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,549,353 times
We moved-in to our new home in mid-March. Our driveway cracked - we put it on our 30 day inspection and there was no problem.

We have had a few nail-pops (not too bad for a home of our size) - we will get those dealt with at the 10month inspection.

Overall quality was Ryan gave us about what I expected. They have been semi-responsive in service calls and I have to say I am not unhappy with that aspect.

They are still selling in my community and in several others of their communities where their margin is reasonable. I don't know of any new communities they have started at this time, they may be waiting until the housing situation turns around.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:42 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,085,472 times
So it looks like Ryan is picking up the slack that Beazer left behind. In the Dayton Daily News Real Estate Section, Ryan had listed several new communities, many of which I had recognized as former Beazer neighborhoods. I guess Ryan isn't going anywhere soon, but with the market the way it is who really knows?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,234 times
We purchased a home from Beazer in the Villages of Winding Creek development in Springboro/Centerville and closed on January 31. They announced the pull-out the next day and actually cancelled 12 contracts for houses they hadn't started on yet. We've been getting the runaround from Beazer for the last 6 months about the pool and clubhouse they promised and how run down the development looks (it was a new section and we are one of five houses now). Last week we received an email that stated that the development had been bought by VWC Holdings but on Saturday signs went up on every lot advertising the lots as available with the Ryan Homes logo on them. Nothing has shown up on Ryan's website but I'm glad to be done with Beazer. It was said that the purchaser would substantially comply with Beazer's amenity promises, whatever that means. I have contacted the local zoning department, the BBB, news agencies, and no one has been able to hold Beazer to any standard. We have pretty much been told we were out of luck the entire time. I don't know how they can get away with what they have done, considering we purchased the house on the promise that we would get a pool, clubhouse, walking trails, street lights, and a lifestyle to go along with our house. They haven't held up any end of the bargain, considering they just planted grass in some of the common areas and nothing else has been delivered. If we hadn't shown up to closing with a check for the full price for the house they would have sued us within a day and yet there is no accountability for the flip side of the situation? ARGH!

Anyway, that is my experience. I'm hoping that Ryan at least makes the community look decent. Who knows about anything else??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati