Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 11:44 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I would just have some cautions about the terrain. I am familiar with the overall plot of ground and the fact it took forever to be developed. It never was much as farmland, so there must be some reason it took so long to be developed as homes. I would classify it as a rocky outcropping with some severe slopes, etc. down to the main creek-bed.

If I were to consider purchasing a home there, I would want some iron-clad guarantees I would not end up with a wet basement, etc. due to runoff from the hillside. If built and drained properly there should be no problem. I would just want some assurances, as after the fact repairs can be quite expensive.

The homes which have been built there thus far are very attractive, and for convenience to I-71 and downtown Cincy you can't beat it. And all of the ammenities of Mason are extremely close.

If you end up buying there, I am sure I will run into you sometime at the Kroger on 741 (Kings Mills). It is about 1-1/2 miles from my house and about 3/4 mile from Carmelle. Just so damn convenient it is hard to ignore. I probably end up there about 4 days out of 7.

Yes the development has slowed down here, but an area like Carmelle, 30 new homes are a drop in the bucket. Looking at everything they offer they will be gone quickly.
Sounds like I probably live about 3 miles from you. Good point about the rain water draining towards the creek because the future row of plots that I like are downhill. Something to definetely consider.

We like our current house, but are looking for something a little bit bigger with more trees in the back. Sounds bad, but a certain group of people have moved to our neighborhood en masse which has changed the flavor of it. Their kids do nothing but study and play musical instruments......and mowing their yards is not in their vocabulary. There's some twins living across the street which I didn't even know about for the first 2 years they lived there. We literally NEVER saw them. This doesn't fit our mantra on life.

Time for a change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 12:15 PM

465 posts, read 473,937 times
Convenient to downtown? what on earth could you be talking about? No place in the cincinnati area could be less convenient to downtown cincinnati than Mason. I thought that was the reason Mason existed, to take advantage of the cincinnati metro area while keeping out as much of the undesirables and costs as possible.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:26 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
Convenient to downtown? what on earth could you be talking about? No place in the cincinnati area could be less convenient to downtown cincinnati than Mason. I thought that was the reason Mason existed, to take advantage of the cincinnati metro area while keeping out as much of the undesirables and costs as possible.
Somehow Mathew, have you ever been in Mason? I can leave my house and be downtown in less than 30 minutes. With everything else we have here, I sure as Hell consider it convenient to downtown. It is obvious you have no idea why people desire to live here. You can ***** all you want about the suburbs, but they are not going away.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:36 PM

What does ***** mean? I admit that I've spent as little time as possible in Mason, but by my calculations, the 0 seconds it takes me is 1,800 times faster than the 30 minutes it takes you. That's a big difference. If someone cared about access to downtown cincinnati, mason is the last place they'd be.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM

It’s the Sprawl, Stupid: The Budget-Buster No One’s Talking About | Rust Wire

Old 01-09-2012, 04:33 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,339 times
Quote:
Undesirables?? Who might that be?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:16 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,501,739 times
Quote:
What does ***** mean? I admit that I've spent as little time as possible in Mason, but by my calculations, the 0 seconds it takes me is 1,800 times faster than the 30 minutes it takes you. That's a big difference. If someone cared about access to downtown cincinnati, mason is the last place they'd be.
I get the impression that you believe that anyone who doesn't think exactly like you could just as well fall off the face of the earth and there would be absolutely no change in the overall intelligence of the remaining population. I am so glad I don't have the same impression as you and am able to appreciate the varied ideas and feelings of the members of civilization. I'm really surprised though that it took until the second page of comments before you started your tiring diatribe on the evils of Mason.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 PM

I could go on for much longer and I have every right to considering I've paid for some share of Mason through my taxes yet not benefitted from its existence in any way. Still, as our Lord said, do not cast your " pearls before swine."

Old 01-09-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Undesirables?? Who might that be?
anyone under $85,000 per year. That's who.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:21 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,022,823 times
Quote:
Convenient to downtown? what on earth could you be talking about? No place in the cincinnati area could be less convenient to downtown cincinnati than Mason...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Somehow Mathew, have you ever been in Mason? I can leave my house and be downtown in less than 30 minutes. With everything else we have here, I sure as Hell consider it convenient to downtown...
As much as I agree with you on many of your comments, kjbrill, I really think both you and several other posters are sadly disillusioned in thinking that Mason is "convenient to downtown." Egads, if this were true, where would your first "inconvenient suburb" be found--at Washington Court House? () And, if you truly believe that the gas-guzzling, crowded, white-knuckle driving conditions (often lasting far longer than any 30-mins!) between Mason and downtown are merely routine, you'll be right at home in such placid and bucolic surroundings as Atlanta, Houston, and LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati