Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 01:05 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times

Advertisements

I thought the Davis Bldg was too dilapidated and costly to renovate...should it really be saved if no developer can actually make a profit after all the costs of a full renovation?

Though a surface lot would be just as bad as letting the bldg sit and rot, Not every historic bldg has to be saved does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 02:11 PM

172 posts, read 254,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I thought the Davis Bldg was too dilapidated and costly to renovate...should it really be saved if no developer can actually make a profit after all the costs of a full renovation?

Though a surface lot would be just as bad as letting the bldg sit and rot, Not every historic bldg has to be saved does it?
The current owner saying it is too dilapidated and costly to renovate doesn't mean much if some other party is willing to buy it from him and attempt to renovate it. I find it hard to believe that the owner bought it at a sheriff's auction without any clue as to how much the renovation would cost. Seems like he had an ulterior motive.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:58 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,939,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post

Of course not. but this is building is in the heaviest protected historic district in the city, a district with a history of not allowing demo, period. From an out-of-town sight-unseen buyer such a mistake garners my sympathy...but from a local who just bought the building less than a year ago?....no...just no

Old 11-10-2014, 10:58 AM

465 posts, read 658,489 times
There are a few urban renewal updates within 2 miles of the central core, but expanding outward:

Walnut Hills will be converting most of Taft and McMillen to two way streets and seeing streetscape improvements:

These Cincinnati streets will become two-ways to boost business - Cincinnati Business Courier

OTR looks to be getting a new distillery on Central Parkway near Mohawk/Brighton and Reingheist:

First distillery in decades planned for Over-the-Rhine - Cincinnati Business Courier

And Riverside/Lower Price Hill have funding for a new riverfront park south of Mt. Echo:

Funding secured for West Side riverfront park - Cincinnati Business Courier

Old 11-23-2014, 06:50 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
Two recent architectural renditions of downtown's 8th & Sycamore development:

New Construction - The Palisades of Mount Adams

Old 11-23-2014, 06:56 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Two recent architectural renditions of downtown's 8th & Sycamore development:

New Construction - The Palisades of Mount Adams

Isn't that the one that isn't happening?

Old 11-23-2014, 08:59 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
^ A 30-story 4th & Race residential tower (along with a grocery) was the exciting out-of-town venture forestalled by mayor Cranley and his cronies, not this one. At present, what revised plans the Indianapolis developer still has for 4th & Race are uncertain.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
^ A 30-story 4th & Race residential tower (along with a grocery) was the exciting out-of-town venture forestalled by mayor Cranley and his cronies, not this one. At present, what revised plans the Indianapolis developer still has for 4th & Race are uncertain.

I am pretty sure that the developer at 8th and Sycamore said it couldn't happen without City money. And we know what that means.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:11 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,581,393 times
I know there's some people from Urban Ohio that lurk here or sometimes post, so I thought I would bump this thread for use until the site is back up.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
I know there's some people from Urban Ohio that lurk here or sometimes post, so I thought I would bump this thread for use until the site is back up.

UO members mock CD. Ridicule is more like it. Other than Jake that is. Why they don't just put up a Wordpress blog temporarily is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati