Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 05:55 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times

Advertisements

Not all development is positive. Part of Cincinnati's problem is its propensity to don the rose-colored glasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 06:14 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,022,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Back to positive developments ... This is the best thread in the Cincinnati forum and we should keep it that way.
Agreed. The contentious, ongoing ALI debate would be better served as its own thread. The issues have been discussed ad infinitum, both here and on other forums, and the hostility on both sides is damaging this otherwise positive thread.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,315 times
Just because you or I don't view a particular development as a postive, Ohiogirl81, doesn't mean it isn't. Or vice versa. Any development that could potentially add hundreds of new residents to downtown while at the same time providing a respected and much-needed social-service agency brand new quarters and a better overall situation is, without a doubt, a positive. Unfortunately, this has become a political tug-of-war between two entities hell-bent on beating the other in court, and it's the ALI residents who will be the ultimate losers.

And now what was the best thread on this forum has devolved into yet another tired philosophical debate where everyone will just rehash the same tired positions they have on the countless other threads on here. Woohoo!

Last edited by abr7rmj; 05-08-2012 at 09:11 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 07:10 AM

4,481 posts, read 6,235,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
Yard House to open first Ohio restaurant along Cincinnati's central riverfront

Source: Yard House to open first Ohio restaurant along Cincinnati’s central riverfront — UrbanCincy
Cool.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 AM

865 posts, read 1,472,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Cool.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it!

Plus, the article from the enquirer says they are already preleasing for phase 2. Hopefully they start construction this summer!

Old 05-09-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:

Plus, the article from the enquirer says they are already preleasing for phase 2. Hopefully they start construction this summer!
Me and the Mrs. went down to Moerlein Lager house a couple weeks ago for our anniversary. It was a Sunday night and the place was still packed. Loved the food and the view of northern Kentucky. The Banks has a lot of promise in the not too distant future.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:

The sooner the better ... especially in regards to getting more people living down there. With the first phase of The Banks' residential component nearly 100 percent full, I hope they up the number of residences they plan to build in future phases.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
With the first phase of The Banks' residential component nearly 100 percent full, I hope they up the number of residences they plan to build in future phases.
Me too. I want to see The Banks stretch as far towards Paul Brown Stadium as possible. Somewhere, whether at the upcoming DunnHumby project at Race and 5th, or perhaps at The Banks one day (or someplace close,) we will see a grocery store. I digress.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 AM

75 posts, read 120,180 times
Quote:
Me too. I want to see The Banks stretch as far towards Paul Brown Stadium as possible. Somewhere, whether at the upcoming DunnHumby project at Race and 5th, or perhaps at The Banks one day (or someplace close,) we will see a grocery store. I digress.
The streetcar will connect The Banks to Findley Market for convenient grocery shopping.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
The Banks will eventually reach PBS creating a seamless neighborhood from ballpark to stadium. My guess is that Phase 2 of The Banks will be where the grocery store ends up.

What I would love to see happen is Fort Washington Way get capped between Main and Elm streets, easing the transition from downtown to The Banks. Also, with the success of The Banks, you would think some of those Third Street properties currently sitting unused (like that empty 10-story red-brick building at Third and Race) would gain new life or be demolished for new development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati