Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 09:43 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac51 View Post
I know all about "Cin-Day". It's a joke! It's not going to happen.
You're really starting to p*** me off...

Last edited by motorman; 04-05-2012 at 10:06 AM..

Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 AM

(I guess I'm just gonna have to steal up to C-Bus and let some cows outta their pens. That should deflate this new guy's "body" count...)

Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
You're really starting to p*** me off now...
Ya, Cincinnati will just stop in it's tracks while Columbus grows into half the city Cincinnati already is.

Pontiac is obviously having his morning glass of hater-ade. Well, enough for now. I'm off to the opening day parade, mmmmm....wonder what's going on in columbus today.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:58 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac51 View Post
Dayton being added to the Cincinnati CSA in 2013 is just wishful thinking on your part. Remember, the 15 to 25% commuter threshold has to occur between the 2 core counties (Hamilton & Montgomery) which they did not meet in 2000, when the commuter interchange was less than 10%. When you look at the distance between the 2 counties, the loss of population in Hamilton County, the high unemployment in the region along with the gas prices, it will be a long time before Dayton is added to the Cincinnati CSA. It probably won't happen!
I know you are new and all and maybe a troll just to try to get your licks in. But several of us has been following this for the past couple of decades. The exchange rate is not just between the two biggest counties.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 AM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times
Interesting that you want to include Dayton in all this, but Mason (and any other fringe suburb) seems to be the unwanted step-child.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Ya, Cincinnati will just stop in it's tracks while Columbus grows into half the city Cincinnati already is.

Pontiac is obviously having his morning glass of hater-ade. Well, enough for now. I'm off to the opening day parade, mmmmm....wonder what's going on in columbus today.
Yeah, TomJones123, maybe we oughta' cut this newcomer some slack while we all head down to Opening Day. Meanwhile he can probably find something exciting to do in C-Bus like watch the corn grow, maybe... (last year I heard they had a sold out grass-growing contest right down on High Street...and the year before that a no-holds barred dandelion-picking face-off somewhere up on Broad...but nothin' topped that rip-roaring "Grand Slam Tractor-Pull" staged right on the Oval several years ago--heard that really brought the crowd to its feet...) Later, you guys!

Last edited by motorman; 04-05-2012 at 10:56 AM..

Old 04-05-2012, 10:39 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Well, enough for now. I'm off to the opening day parade, mmmmm....wonder what's going on in columbus today.
The Blue Jackets ... oh ... nevermind ...

Go Tribe!

Just had to throw that out there.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:56 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Interesting that you want to include Dayton in all this, but Mason (and any other fringe suburb) seems to be the unwanted step-child.
So just where did Mason enter this latest discussion? But I will say it is nice to be envied so you have to be ridiculed even without participation.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:56 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahl_Wrighter View Post
Another thread that has devolved into a discussion about the city versus the suburbs. Why am I not surprised?

Cincinnati is not becoming second fiddle to Columbus. Outside of the state, Columbus has yet to shed its image of being an overgrown college cowtown. From my experiences, a lot of people place Columbus in the same category as cities such as Madison, WI and Ann Arbor, MI; albeit not accurate. Columbus is a great city however, but it is not taken seriously as a contender of "real cities" by many people, even within Ohio. You never or rarely hear anyone inquiring whether or not Cincinnati is a real city. With Columbus, that is not so much the case since a lot of people have no clue about Columbus outside of OSU.
I've actually never heard Columbus residents or transplants from other states and cities refer to it as a "Cowtown". That is something you hear almost exclusively by people from other Ohio cities as a way to marginalize its success and growth. Read the Dispatch comment section, you see it just about every day, usually from Cincinnati/Cleveland residents. And on many of these urban forums, I've seen Columbus mentioned by plenty of people outside of Ohio, usually in a positive light. It seems wishful thinking by some that Columbus has such a negative, small-town image outside of the state.

I actually met a few people from Ohio here in Mexico City, and people who have been there who are from other places in the US and other countries. One guy in particular was from Sweden and stated he had friends in Columbus and loved it there.

The only real comparison between Ann Arbor and Columbus is that they both have large, signature universities. Other than that, they're really night and day as far as size, influence, population, etc.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:04 AM

324 posts, read 402,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
You're really starting to p*** me off...
The truth hurts, doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati