Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 05:27 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,023,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Columbus started 20-30 years after Cleveland and Cincinnati, and did not become the dominant growth leader until much later, when both of the other 2 already had much larger city and metro populations. I mentioned the 1940 census in the another post, and even though Columbus was significantly smaller than the other two, it had reached the point where it was growing faster. It still takes time to catch up, however. Columbus will likely pass up Cleveland before 2020, but since Cincy's metro is growing, it's going to take longer. The trend, however, has been clear for 80 years.
I believe you're really on to something here, jbcmh81. (good sleuthing!) If OSU grows any bigger anytime soon or if the CBD continues to expand (with all its taxpayer-funded, dedicated-source of jobs) little ole C-Bus is gonna simply explode into something far bigger than a third-rate urban wannabe--it's gonna become a CONTENDER. (no stopping it then!)

Last edited by motorman; 04-06-2012 at 05:35 PM..

Old 04-06-2012, 06:00 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
I believe you're really on to something here, jbcmh81. (good sleuthing!) If OSU grows any bigger anytime soon or if the CBD continues to expand (with all its taxpayer-funded, dedicated-source of jobs) little ole C-Bus is gonna simply explode into something far bigger than a third-rate urban wannabe--it's gonna become a CONTENDER. (no stopping it then!)
OSU is not poised to grow the way UC is growing. The development around the campus is full speed ahead, transforming much of uptown into dense student housing near the campus.

Eds and State Government are about the two biggest factors in C-Bus growth.

Need I mention the vast number of corporations headquartered here in Cincy?

Not to mention pill hill?

Already mentioned UC, but did I mention UC?

No need to look over our shoulder because the third C is clamoring that they are gonna over take us because their growth is so explosive. Our metro is doing just fine and the urban core has stabilized and growing. There is no stopping the momentum at this point.

Of course you would actually have to be here to see what I am talking about, instead of 2 hours away looking at census numbers and fantasizing about C-Bus's coming superiority.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:36 PM

324 posts, read 402,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Montgomery County has added 2,000 residents since the 2010 census. Nice try though, amigo.

Cowlumbus.
And we all know that the Census is known for their accuracy when it comes to estimates!!!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:05 PM

324 posts, read 402,744 times
Quote:
And with that you are forever discredited. The post office will remain in Cincinnati indefinitely. No postal jobs are moving to Cowlumbus.

Dalton Street Postal Facility To Stay Open - :: Cincinnati news story :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati

And who actually reads physical newspapers? I guess in Cowlumbus that's how you country yokels still get your news. Maybe that's how you peruse the minor league baseball box scores of your big rivals - Toledo and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
You can't accept the fact that CINCINNATI IS ALREADY SECOND FIDDLE TO COLUMBUS!!!

Let's look at some of the facts:

Columbus' city population is much larger than Cincinnati's city population. Cincinnati will be overtaken by Toledo soon.

Franklin County is much larger than Hamilton County. And by 2020, The Columbus CSA will overtake the Cincinnati CSA.

Columbus is a relatively clean city, while parts Cincinnati looks like Baghdad.

You see Cincinnati doesn't have the clout that it used to have because it's a shrinking city that doesn't have a whole lot to offer. And while Columbus does have the reputation of being a "Cowtown", Cincinnati has the reputation of being racist. After all, it's right across the river from Kentucky!!!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:28 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
^^ Again, if just to prove my point, all they talk about is how great Cowlumbus was in the 2010 census.

Oh, and try and get the flames started by calling Cincy racist.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:28 PM

75 posts, read 120,219 times
This thread has become nothing more than a ridiculous immature exchange of testosterone-driven insults about who has the biggest appendage in Ohio.

How do threads get closed? It’s past time for this one!

Old 04-06-2012, 10:08 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Along those lines, if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle.
My point is that it's not Columbus' fault it doesn't have more teams. Apparently the Reds were afraid of competition.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Except the Bengals occasionally do win the division and make the playoffs (twice in the past three years). Once in a blue moon they even get to the Super Bowl, unlike their Ohio friends to the north. Meanwhile, the BJ's (nice name, by the way) have never so much as won a single playoff game - in a sport, mind you, where more than half the teams make the playoffs in any given year!

And don't use the excuse that they've only been around 12 years. The Florida Marlins won two World Series during their first 12 years. So did the Arizona Diamondbacks.

And you have the BJ's best player (Rick Nash) literally tripping over cows to get out of C-bus.
Let's just face facts here... when it comes to sports, the majority of Ohio's professional teams are plain awful. And who cares if you get to the playoffs if you never win.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Oh, I keep confusing your PGA tour stop with the one in Akron. I didn't know the tour visits such elite cities. Some other PGA tour stops in 2012: White Sulfur Springs, W.Va.; Silvis, Ill. (outside of Davenport, Iowa); and Madison, Miss.

Any chance Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams or Maria Sharapova have ever even heard of Columbus? Doubtful. They do, however, play every year in the internationally televised Cincinnati Masters. Outside of the four grand slams, the nine Masters tournaments are the most important in the world. Cincinnati joins eight other cities by hosting annual Masters tournaments: Miami, Monte Carlo, Madrid, Rome, Shanghai, Montreal, Los Angeles and Paris.

But hey, Columbus, Akron and Davenport all have golf!

Moving on ... any NASCAR Sprint Cup or Indy races around Cowlumbus this year? No, you'd have to come to the Cincinnati area for that too.

Our very own Turfway Park is one of the most important tracks in the horse racing industry. The latest HANA rankings put it No. 6 nationally behind Churchill Downs, Keeneland and just three others.

We have multiple major Div. 1 universities that compete in the Big East, Atlantic 10, MAC and Atlantic Sun conferences.

And we're hardly hurting in NCAA tournaments around here, thanks. The Cincinnati/Dayton region hosts plenty of NCAA games - far more than Cowlumbus could ever dream of. UD Arena hosts the First Four every year and the NCAA second/third rounds next year and every four years. UD Arena is, by far, the best college basketball venue in Ohio and the NCAA rightfully awards it frequent tournaments, including the women's regionals just last year.

And NKU (Fort Thomas, Ky., eight miles from Fountain Square) just hosted the Elite 8, Final Four and national championship of Div. II NCAA basketball, won by Western Washington University.

I'm not sure how much more you want us to host down here, but thanks for the thought.
Let's settle this:

1. Golf is boring, no matter where it's played and unless you've had too much to drink driving the golf cart.
2. NASCAR is for rednecks and even in the South they can no longer fill the stands. It's 500 left turns.
3. None of the Ohio NCAA teams made it to the final two and both cities have games.
4. OSU and Columbus are NOT about basketball.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
^^ I think I hear the sound of bubbles bursting after all that. I bet they come back with more census information. Seems that's all they keep running back to.
We have an 8ft bronze statue of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Suck it Cincy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati