Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 02:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,323 times

Advertisements

. Have you searched this forum for answers to your questions before posting a new inquiry?
Yes
. What specific topic have you not found answers to?
Certain areas of west Cincinnati
. Where is you current location and environment?
Dallas, TX
. Are you looking for similar in Cincinnati or a change?
Doesn't matter
. Where will your work location be?
GE Aviation
. Maximum commute time desired?
30 Minutes
. What is you budget for housing?
$500,000 or Less
. Rent or buy?
Buy
. Type (Apt., Condo, Single Family)
Single Family

. Neighborhood environment?

. Suburban, low maintenance, quiet streets, soccer mom atmosphere
. Family oriented
. Lots of same age kids, activities
. Great schools
. Modern, 15 yrs old or less, move-in ready

. Diversity of income, race, housing?
Not to be racist whatsoever, but I would prefer a stable white community.
. Yard - none, small, large (1/2 acre or more)
Doesn't matter
. Very safe, low crime area?
Fine with some crime, but wouldn't like off the charts crime
. Can tolerate some degree of crime potential? How Much?
Yes, moderate.
. Private neighborhood association, swimming & fitness facilities
If possible, this would be nice.

. Schools?
. Private OR Public
. High Ranked Public schools

. Small or large district?
Yes
. Diverse student body?
Sure
. Strong athletics?
Doesn't matter
. Consider Private schools?
Definitely, went to one myself

. Community amenities?

. Swimming, fitness center, running track, adult activities
. Nearby fitness centers & clubs

Hello, I am moving here from Dallas after graduating from college to jump straight into a new career at GE Aviation.

Now, I currently have relatives who live near Our Lady of Visitation, which is a private school (I looked it up, correct me if I'm wrong). I would prefer to be in close proximity to them. I have visited numerous times and I like the area IMMEDIATELY around Visitation, but not near Glenway.

Personally, being from the suburbs, I would definitely desire a suburban area nearby that is safe and isn't going downhill to be honest. The reason I prefer the suburbs is mostly because of schools, I have a wife and we are newly married and we plan to have children soon.

I have been looking through the forum, specifically on the Cincinnati branch...

I am curious why there are barely any posts for people wanting to relocate or move to the western part of Cincinnati. From what I've seen it is decent and personally I don't like neighborhoods which are way too wealthy or too poor, I like just in the middle while staying suburban.

Is the Westside safe around Visitation or what?

Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 03:18 PM

307 posts, read 543,553 times
It's safe the only think I'd think of is how is it going to be in 10, 20 years etc. I grew up there and the thing that drives me nuts is that it's 10-15 minutes to get anywhere and when you're there your options are somewhat limited. If you're ok with that than go for it.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:19 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
I shopped extensively in Price Hill for housing (I am a recent transplant) and, though I like the neighborhood and housing stock, decided it was too far from downtown for me.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:10 PM

329 posts, read 699,898 times
I am not so sure this is such a stable area, this goes for Green Township as a whole in the coming 10-20 years unless the economy turns around.

I personally love Green Township and don't plan to leave, but I can't say I am sure that it will be a safe and well off community in the next say 15 years... But this isn't just exclusive to us, this is a trend in most inner ring suburbs around the US since people from the city are relocating to inner ring suburbs as their alternative due to better schools and other needs.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 AM

3 posts, read 3,859 times
Green Township is where you want to look. Make sure it is in the Oak Hills School District. It is your typical quiet neighborhood.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincykev4 View Post
Green Township is where you want to look. Make sure it is in the Oak Hills School District. It is your typical quiet neighborhood.
Also check out Miami Township, I think that is about the same as Green except it has really no major thoroughfares and is mostly just residential.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:13 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,294,621 times
Are you really sure that a commute from Green township to Evendale is acceptable?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 AM

800 posts, read 950,505 times
The West Side is doomed, so don't buy a home or condo, and your commute to Evendale is going to be too far. To shorten your drive you want to be on a neighbohood ajoining Cross County Highway (Mt. Healthy, Finneytown) or on I-75 like Hartwell or Reading.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:30 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
The West Side is doomed

Old 02-24-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
The West Side is doomed, so don't buy a home or condo, and your commute to Evendale is going to be too far. To shorten your drive you want to be on a neighbohood ajoining Cross County Highway (Mt. Healthy, Finneytown) or on I-75 like Hartwell or Reading.

Mt. Healthy and Finneytown are doomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati