Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:48 PM

76 posts, read 317,020 times

Advertisements

Can I get Antenna TV through Time Warner Cable? I LOVE all of the old television shows from the 1950s-early 1970s. I agree...there is so much garbage out there today. Bring back "Leave it to Beaver," "Father Knows Best," and "Death Valley Days."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 06:04 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgibb1 View Post
Can I get Antenna TV through Time Warner Cable? I LOVE all of the old television shows from the 1950s-early 1970s. I agree...there is so much garbage out there today. Bring back "Leave it to Beaver," "Father Knows Best," and "Death Valley Days."
Dunno. I don't see a Antenna TV affiliate listed in the Affiliates link on the site for the Cincinnati area.

Antenna TV has a lot of great old shows like ME TV. Dennis The Menace, Burns and Allen, Adam 12, All in the Family, Jack Benny, It Takes a Thief, Sanford and Son, Three Stooges etc.

I agree the stuff in prime time now is slop. I won't watch it other than perhaps a couple of minutes while surfing by the crap on my way to something on ME TV or Antenna TV. That garbage on prime time is ruining the minds of the American people.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:56 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
My Antenna TV obsession right now is Circus Boy, a mid-50s show starring Mickey Dolenz. He was so cute!

Old 03-09-2012, 05:59 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
My Antenna TV obsession right now is Circus Boy, a mid-50s show starring Mickey Dolenz. He was so cute!
Was he one of the Monkeys?

Old 03-11-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Was he one of the Monkeys?
One and the same.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Online, Hulu has some old shows, and YouTube has quite a few as well. I'm glad to see someone take the place of the old Nick at Night and TVLand. Abnormal TV by the abnormal folks pushing the trash and the sheeple watching it and still lapping it up. TV used to entertain and the whole family could watch it. People still like the old shows, 50 years later. I can't see any of the junk today standing up to the test of time. I've got WKRP on disk, I liked Les and Herb the best. I think they should have left Johnny with his 2 personalities a while longer. Remember him as Rip Tide. That was a good one.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Online, Hulu has some old shows, and YouTube has quite a few as well. I'm glad to see someone take the place of the old Nick at Night and TVLand. Abnormal TV by the abnormal folks pushing the trash and the sheeple watching it and still lapping it up. TV used to entertain and the whole family could watch it. People still like the old shows, 50 years later. I can't see any of the junk today standing up to the test of time. I've got WKRP on disk, I liked Les and Herb the best. I think they should have left Johnny with his 2 personalities a while longer. Remember him as Rip Tide. That was a good one.
I purchased Season One on DVD when it came out a few years ago. But nothing else has been released since due to copyright issues concerning the music used during the show.

How did you get your hands on the others? Did you record them yourself?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:08 AM

I really liked TV better when the choices were 5, 9, 12, 48 (usually shown at school) and the Dayton channels, even though reception was not great. I also liked all of the local shows, like the Uncle Orrie Show (Channel 7), Skipper Ryle, Bob Shreve movies (and I think he also hosted The Three Stooges every night around 6 PM), Juvenile Court, It's Academic, Cool Ghoul, etc.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:11 AM

Maybe this is not the place to ask this question, but am I the only one who has noticed a change in The History Channel? They used to show programs of historical interest. Now it seems History Channel is all about the "pickers" or driving big trucks. Have they discontinued documentaries about war because there is now the Military History channel?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:41 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgibb1 View Post
Maybe this is not the place to ask this question, but am I the only one who has noticed a change in The History Channel? They used to show programs of historical interest. Now it seems History Channel is all about the "pickers" or driving big trucks. Have they discontinued documentaries about war because there is now the Military History channel?
I have noticed History Channel 2 is showing more of the actual shows with a historical content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati