Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:47 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,413 times

Advertisements

I'll add an addendum to Snowstormxu's post, and that is to say that certain parts of Newport and Covington are good. Other areas, not so much. But for $800 a month, you'd find an apartment in a good part of either one of those cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 03:31 PM

55 posts, read 220,792 times
You are all missing one big problem in Ohio! There has been a huge cleanup going on of the aquifer under Ohio and the land in the SW corner of the state for the past 10 yrs. Guess what they were cleaning out? Radio*ctive isotopes. Billions have already been spent. They said they have cleaned it all up but you never know. here's the site : Cleanup Projects Home

Fernald is in the SW corner of OH.

What's this mean? If u plan to stay in Cinncinati or any other city, you should have a reverse osmosis filter installed into the supply line for your drinking water.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:41 AM

5 posts, read 12,621 times
I grew up in Norwood and moved away as soon as I could. Having kids of my own now....I would never move back. All of my friends from Norwood that have since moved from there have said now that they have moved to a nicer area they will never go back because they didnt realize how bad it was.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:33 PM

4 posts, read 10,127 times
Well I've now arrived and had a day to begin my exploring. I haven't gotten to visit Norwood yet, but I have been through Blue Ash, Covington, and a bit of Oakley and Newport. I really liked the style of the part of Covington that I saw, but I'll have to look at all of the areas in morth depth. I must say that I expected the distances between all of the places to be much larger. As it is, it's quite easy to reach any part of the city from any other. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the impression that Blue Ash was probably so safe because not much is going on there? Heh, is there anything in that area for someone who wouldn't be into golfing?

Old 10-01-2007, 12:07 AM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayingforrain48 View Post
Well I've now arrived and had a day to begin my exploring. I haven't gotten to visit Norwood yet, but I have been through Blue Ash, Covington, and a bit of Oakley and Newport. I really liked the style of the part of Covington that I saw, but I'll have to look at all of the areas in morth depth. I must say that I expected the distances between all of the places to be much larger. As it is, it's quite easy to reach any part of the city from any other. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the impression that Blue Ash was probably so safe because not much is going on there? Heh, is there anything in that area for someone who wouldn't be into golfing?
That pretty much depends on your interests. Blue Ash, more than anything, is known for having a lot of offices and distribution centers.

What was it about Covington that you liked?

Old 10-05-2007, 11:22 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,296,147 times
Default 20 minutes to everywhere

My NYC relatives kid me because when they visit (I'm in Wyoming) & ask "How long to get to XXXX?" always I tell them 20 minutes....except for the airport: that's 2 twenty minutes. "Easy to reach" is correct around Cincy!

Old 10-06-2007, 07:54 PM

884 posts, read 2,642,215 times
Roselawn has crime pockets, loud unruly teenagers and drugdealers. There are some quiet streets where older residents and the original jewish community still reside. I would'nt advise a newcomer move there--you'll have an out of state plate and could be at target for crime.

What about Pleasant Ridge. It is near Roselawn but has a mix of young preppy couples that found nice brick homes at decent prices. The area is affordable and has a walkable community/sidewalks--if this is what you are into?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:56 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Blue Ash, more than anything, is known for having a lot of offices and distribution centers.
I grew up in Blue Ash, and every time I go home I'm amazed at the number of new office parks they manage to put up. And all of them are practically empty. God forbid there be a tree-filled lot anywhere in the city.

But, yeah, even though it's my home town, I will cop to the fact that there's not much going on in Blue Ash.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,845 times
Default Places in Cincinnati Area

If you are looking for something safe and affordable I would recommend either Dillonvale, Deer Park, or Loveland. They are pretty centrally located, and they are safer than the other communities you mentioned. I would definately stay away from Norwood. I grew up there and it has only gone down hill from there.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:25 PM

520 posts, read 1,853,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandaroo View Post
If you are looking for something safe and affordable I would recommend either Dillonvale, Deer Park, or Loveland. They are pretty centrally located, and they are safer than the other communities you mentioned. I would definately stay away from Norwood. I grew up there and it has only gone down hill from there.
I've never heard of Dillonvale... where is that? Google maps says its over by Wheeling. I'm assuming that is the wrong Dillonvale. heh.

Loveland is nice enough but its hardly centrally located. If you want to get downtown you'll have to take 275 to 71 or 75. That traffic can suck pretty bad at rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati