Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,842,530 times

Advertisements

Yet the sign says a "NEW" Christy's will open in February. Apparently that didn't come to pass.
It's good to see that there's already a ruckus being RAISED over the potential RAZING. Haven't enough buildings bitten the dust around that area already, to say nothing of Corryville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,243,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Yet the sign says a "NEW" Christy's will open in February. Apparently that didn't come to pass.
It's good to see that there's already a ruckus being RAISED over the potential RAZING. Haven't enough buildings bitten the dust around that area already, to say nothing of Corryville?
Wrong goyguy. They open today, Friday. This proposed development is far from being guaranteed. Though, if it does happen, it won't be the first time uptown communities have gotten the shaft to house college students. But I guess we all want UC to grow, and substandard housing is all over CUF, not to mention there are safety issues for students in certain neighborhoods.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:58 PM

I really doubt this development will happen for one main reason, money.

The owner is asking 11million and the developer is offering 2million. There is a real sense that the owners are willing to hold out until they get more money for Christy's, Clifton Natural Food building, the parking lots, and they also own the properties on Lyon Street. Same people own them all.

Time will tell. But also, the people opening the new Christy's/Lenhardts worked for Christy's and know the owners and the business. Unless the owner can make a windfall, it would seem that they are intent on staying put. With the new opening was also some renovations and investment by the new operators.

There you have it, hot off the press. ;-)

Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I really doubt this development will happen for one main reason, money.

The owner is asking 11million and the developer is offering 2million. There is a real sense that the owners are willing to hold out until they get more money for Christy's, Clifton Natural Food building, the parking lots, and they also own the properties on Lyon Street. Same people own them all.

Time will tell. But also, the people opening the new Christy's/Lenhardts worked for Christy's and know the owners and the business. Unless the owner can make a windfall, it would seem that they are intent on staying put. With the new opening was also some renovations and investment by the new operators.

There you have it, hot off the press. ;-)
Looks like the owner may move to sell.

Christy?s & Lenhardt?s owner ready to sell property for ?progress? - Business Courier

Old 02-09-2013, 10:08 AM

The writing's on the wall. There goes another landmark, another piece of what makes Cincinnati stand out in a good way. I have to say part of the blame lies with the anal-retentive preservationists who nitpick over trivialities like a reconstructed porch.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
The writing's on the wall. There goes another landmark, another piece of what makes Cincinnati stand out in a good way. I have to say part of the blame lies with the anal-retentive preservationists who nitpick over trivialities like a reconstructed porch.
Yeah, I've been beaten into submission.

I posted my information from talking to Clifton Natural Foods folks, and that's where I got the scoop on asking/offer prices. If the owner is eager to sell, he will accept a compromise.

Agree on the stupidity of nit picking a porch turned store front. Plain ignorant. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. And so Cincinnati takes another move in vanishing it's history and heritage. Stay classy, Cincy.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 AM

For the time being, will schnitzel ever be back or is the place reopening as strictly a bar?

Old 02-09-2013, 11:20 AM

477 posts, read 665,331 times
Quote:
Agreed 100%, there is so much more to the building than just the porch!

I kind of feel the same way about them with sign laws in OTR, something that is taking things too far and ultimately selling it short. Though I guess I'm pro-urban first preservation close second. .

The new stuff just doesn't cut it in Cincy.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
For the time being, will schnitzel ever be back or is the place reopening as strictly a bar?
Their facebook page show they have added new menu items. I am unsure what portion of the old establishment is operating.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris...ref=ts&fref=ts

Here's their phone number:

(513) 281-3600

I called them but got their answering machine. By the time they open I will be downtown somewhere.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilworms2 View Post
The new stuff just doesn't cut it in Cincy.
It supports the UC economy, which has taken over uptown. Can't say I like it, but it's here anyway. A lot of those on the CUFNA fight hard to preserve the neighborhood and it's landmarks. They are fighting a losing battle, but the same people hold the neighborhood together, when otherwise it would sink into a college ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati