Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:01 PM

688 posts, read 1,117,005 times

Advertisements

If you're open to a parochial school I would look at Mount Notre Dame or Ursaline Academy. Often one of these girls' high schools is representing SW Ohio at the state championship level in just about whatever sport you can think of. They will travel out of state for top-level competition similar to their male school counterparts (Moeller, St X., etc.).

Lacrosse | Mount Notre Dame

Ursuline Academy (OH): Lacrosse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 02:21 PM

800 posts, read 780,959 times
Im pretty familiar with the guys side of the sport in Cincinnati, I'm gonna take a stab at this.

Best private:
Ursula
Ursuline
Summit

Best Public:
Sycamore (for sure)
Indian Hill
Mariemont

I might not be right, but I think Im going in the right direction

Lacrosse has gotten very big in Cincinnati over the past 10 years. It is the spring sport to play on the East Side now a days. Its hard in a lot of those neighborhoods to go far without seeing lax stuff somewhere. We aren't close to CT, but its definitely growing, Cinci sends a couple kids to Ivies, Hopkins, etc. every year.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:00 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
I am glad to see people saying Lacrosse is a growing spot in southwest Ohio. It may not be at a caliber of a state recognized major sport, but it is getting there. The girls seem to be ahead of the game, likely because they have fewer compeditive sports to chose from.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:35 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I am glad to see people saying Lacrosse is a growing spot in southwest Ohio. It may not be at a caliber of a state recognized major sport, but it is getting there. The girls seem to be ahead of the game, likely because they have fewer compeditive sports to chose from.
Driving through town today I saw a big sign at a prominent intersection requesting for signups for Youth Spring Lacrosse. Obviously we are just heading into Fall. So if they are asking for Spring Lacrosse signups they are trying to get a jump on the season and get an estimate on how many participants they will have. Just another indicator of why I believe Lacrosse is increasing in this area.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:22 PM

12 posts, read 24,696 times
Lacrosse is growing in SE Ohio, but we have a long way to go. My Middle School-aged son plays on a team that traveled to the East Coast for a tournament this summer. The difference in skill was astounding. Our kids got absolutely crushed.

As far as select teams, check out the Cincy Royals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati