Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:42 AM

5 posts, read 31,004 times

Advertisements

Hey, I'm new to Cincy..will be moving in a few weeks. Just want cable and internet. I haven't read too many positive reviews of TW so I'm a bit cautious. What other options are there? Is Dish Net really a better deal? or Direct TV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 03:56 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times
I think if you were going to go with TW phone service you'd be better off with Vonage. I don't have it but friend who do say it works fine. And, I think it has the same frailties that TW has.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:33 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,810 times
^ I have no experience with Vonage, but a friend was telling me that his service fluctuated with internet usage? If he used the phone, his Road Runner service would sometimes drop.

T-Mobile homephone service ... $10/month, can't be beat. Nation-wide local long distance with free caller ID, 3-way, and call waiting. Obviously, you must be a mobile customer first.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:10 AM

5 posts, read 31,004 times
Thank you..although I'm more concerned about cable and internet service

Old 11-05-2009, 03:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,193 times
Default My main concern with TWC phone...they lied

We were one of the first families to have the TWC phone. Back then the price certainly was reasonable. And the sound quality - not bad either. BUT we were lied to from day one till the day we got rid of the service. Initially the salesperson told us we would have star 69, call forwarding, 3 way call and told that faxing would not be a problem...these items are the things he lied about. Then when we moved, they told me that when people would phone our old number, they would get the normal recording that the number had been changed and they would give out the new number (since we couldn't keep the phone number) ... guess what...they do not even have the capabilties to have that recording! If they would have told me all of this in the beginning and NOT down right lied about them...I mean CAN these utilities just outright lie? I think so...

So for me - I am back to good old Cincinnati Bell ... they are reliable.
And now the prices are very comparative.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:23 PM

5 posts, read 19,425 times
They don't have call block, that is what I miss about Cincy Bell

Old 11-12-2009, 07:55 PM

62 posts, read 223,504 times
I have TW phone service and have had no isuses. Actually, you can call block and block your number when calling someone also...just hit *67 to block your call. If you do not want to recieve calls from an unlisted number request that from TW and they can set it up so those people cannot call you.

TW service is not VoIP it is digital phone. The main difference is that on VoIP such as Vonage it is dependant on your available bandwidth and packets per second that the equipment can handle. Therefore when you use the interent your call quality drops. TW service is is not dependant on the available bandwidth or even if you have internet. If you do have the internet you can surf all you want and not affect your call quality. Just an FYI...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati