Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,862,821 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I always thought it would be cool to run light rail from Cincy's Airport to Dayton's airport, and run it through the core cities along with downtown Hamilton and downtown Middletown. It could also include some more walkable suburbs like Oakwood, Glendale, Mt. Adams, and Wyoming, and also run by the Cincy Zoo, UC, Xavier U., Cincy Gardens, Eden Park, Cincy Mills, Lesourdsville Lake (with a substantial redo, of course!), Towne Mall/ Atrium Hospital, Springboro/Settler's Walk, Lexis/Nexis, Dayton Mall, Cox Aboretum, the GM Moraine site, Sunwatch, Carrilon Park, the University of Dayton, Boonshoft Museum, and Miller lane. There could also be a branch that ran from Downtown Dayton to the Air Force Museum/ Wright State/ Mall at Fairfield Commons/ Wright-Patt, and also a branch that ran from Downtown Cincy along 71 to Kenwood, fields ertel, and Kings Island area.

Don't know if that's the plan, but I think it would work well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 11:49 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,339 times
Light rails is WAY WAY too slow to go from airport to airport. Commuter rail is a must between the 2 cities.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,973,285 times
We dont and we never will or should. Cincy is a commuter city, this aint NYC. If you want to live here you need to have a car or a lot of patience with the Metro Bus schedule.

G Man

Old 02-09-2009, 08:23 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,452,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Light rails is WAY WAY too slow to go from airport to airport. Commuter rail is a must between the 2 cities.
true

Old 02-10-2009, 11:00 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,862,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Oh... whoops!

I must have been off in la-la-land when I posted this, becuse I was thinking this was about a mass-transit, subway-ish type of deal for some reason. Sorry about that!

Old 04-16-2010, 09:03 PM

25 posts, read 96,504 times
Cincinnati is planing a new light rail going through downtown and will be complete on 2017-2020

Old 04-21-2010, 02:46 PM

25 posts, read 96,504 times
Just to let you guys know my dad is in his late 50s and he help the mayor work on projects like freeways in 2019 were suposed to have a light rail system.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:47 AM

9 posts, read 8,558 times
Light rail was started to be set up along Blue Ash Road, hence the big crossing at Galbraith
and Blue Ash. Never came to fruition. Willie Cunningham said he could drive downtown, being
that he lives in this area faster than taking the Light Rail which never happened with all the pre-expense work they did. There is no future for LR in Cincinnati. Look down 71 and see the construction going on right now starting at McMillan coming north.
That is a gateway project to get the inner city, poorer segment out to the Kenwood Area, just like they did Tri-County. What a sham and humongous expense that I think we will all pay for and
watch it collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati