Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 01:24 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,946,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbusflyer View Post
Ahh the three C battle continues, love it. Just wish we could figure out how to combine and make Ohio shine again.... Combined we have so much to offer but no one really notices..
True, considering the state's unemployment rate just increased. The 3 Cs metros all have lower unemployment; the average in Cleveland's is about 6.2% which is too shabby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 01:25 PM

76 posts, read 147,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Cleveland's downtown grew faster than just about any downtown in the Midwest, and certainly much faster than Cincinnati's. They both deserve kudos for what they've been able to do.
I could be wrong, i tried finding something online but all the data seems to be from different years...cincinnati's downtown is a bit smaller yet has a larger population than cleveland. Whats next jbcmh Columbus is now the best city in the world for fashion

Old 12-17-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync33 View Post
Go away troll, you know a city is doing bad economically when even the suburbs are declining, rght along the path of Detroit, Cinci already surpassed Cleveland in metro population, we are even thinking about you guys, half of us forgot cleveland was up there, whats really sad is when you come on the cincinnati forum to promote your failing city, no one calls cinci the next detroit but they sure say that to cleveland.
Clevelanders only think of Cinci as a bathroom stop on their way to Florida. Seriously, I never knew there was a rivalrty between these two cities until I lived in Cincinnati; hence my first statement. Cleveland and Pittsburgh are the rivals in most things. Cleveland is not the next Detroit; you may be thinking Chicago.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
True, considering the state's unemployment rate just increased. The 3 Cs metros all have lower unemployment; the average in Cleveland's is about 6.2% which is too shabby.
Actually Cleveland is currently at 9.3
Cincinnati unemployment rate 7.6%
Cleveland unemployment rate 9.3%
Columbus unemployment rate 6.1%

Old 12-17-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Clevelanders only think of Cinci as a bathroom stop on their way to Florida. Seriously, I never knew there was a rivalrty between these two cities until I lived in Cincinnati; hence my first statement. Cleveland and Pittsburgh are the rivals in most things. Cleveland is not the next Detroit; you may be thinking Chicago.
lol Chicago, Chicago crime is at its lowest since the 90s, chicago has a LONG LONG time before it becomes a detroit, its still the 3rd largest city in the country, one of the most important cities, some of the best universities in the world and museums, second best transportation system.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
You're trying too hard to make a connection between The Flats and The Banks, thus giving Cleveland credit for something it doesn't deserve. First of all, "The Banks" was nothing more than a generic name, picked from an assortment of other names, to describe Cincinnati's riverfront development. (After all, what river doesn't have "banks"?) Secondly, Cincinnati's beloved Ohio River was the sole focal point of this waterfront development, not some lesser river in Cleveland. Thirdly, to believe that Cincinnati's riverfront was some sort of wasteland before the construction of The Banks ignores the rich history along the river in downtown. All one has to do is examine historical photos to see the density of commerce and activity that preceded GABP, PBS and "The Banks."
Nobody suggested that where the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame was built should have been changed because of King Records. However, few R&R and R&B-lovers know or appreciate what transpired on Brewster Avenue. (Too bad you can't ask James Brown about King Records, or he could share with you the entire story.) Thus, Cincinnati never received the musical recognition it deserved nor the music business that made Nashville famous and rich.
Don't have to try too hard since I lived in Cincinnati and understand its inferiority complex. ''The Flats'' in Cleveland has always been The Flats in name. Cinci needed a catchy name so came up with ''The Banks''. You're right, no connection. I said there's nothing wrong with lifting ideas etc from other cities, all of 'em do this. It's just that Cincinnati will never admit it would lift an idea from Cleveland, that's all.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Don't have to try too hard since I lived in Cincinnati and understand its inferiority complex. ''The Flats'' in Cleveland has always been The Flats in name. Cinci needed a catchy name so came up with ''The Banks''. You're right, no connection. I said there's nothing wrong with lifting ideas etc from other cities, all of 'em do this. It's just that Cincinnati will never admit it would lift an idea from Cleveland, that's all.
Becausewe didnt... do you actually think the people here want to be anything like cleveland. I pretty much doubt you ever lived in cincinnati by the way your talking. Just please stop talking you just wont stop embarrassing yourself. With this type of trolling i expect you to be off of city data permanently in a second.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:11 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Guys quit it. Both areas needs improvement.
At this point, I both agree and disagree. Agree because this thread needn't erupt into a flame-war, but disagree because one Cincinnati-poster counters a Cleveland-poster head on. After all, unusualfire--what's there not to like about such a "mano-a-mano" smackdown?

So far, the thread's bounced around between various contentions, but hasn't actually addressed why (or why not) Cincinnati will soon become Ohio's #1 city, economically.

Undoubtedly this will occur, but then again, it hasn't happened yet. In the next several years, key economic factors may intervene to change the entire picture.

No, I'm not talking about a hit by an asteroid, a gamma ray burst, or a war with China, but about important economic factors that could change everything. Example: the future of CVG--far more important than the streetcar. Example: the return of manufacturing to the US--it will definitely affect the "2-C's." Example: Columbus--even though it shouldn't monopolize this debate, its strengths can't be ignored. Example: Cleveland itself and its wish to once again become "whole." Example: "Corporate raiders." At present, Kasich and his cronies are on the prowl--Cincy and Cleve, look out!

What's the story here, economically-speaking? Not which of our downtowns is most vibrant; not which of our orchestras is the finest; not which of our two NFL teams is the best; not which of our towns is the most cultured, etc. But, instead, whether in 2015 (or shortly thereafter) which of our metros will prevail as Ohio's #1 metro, economically. Pretty important stuff--and any bragging rights are fully justified. Right now, the $$'s on Cincinnati, but that's not carved in stone--or is it?

Last edited by motorman; 12-17-2013 at 02:20 PM..

Old 12-17-2013, 02:17 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,840,087 times
But they will have one over us if we cancel the streetcar.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:27 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
But they will have one over us if we cancel the streetcar.
Check the news in several days and thy soul may be healed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati