Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 04:18 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times

Advertisements

Right now "Metro*Plus" runs only on weekdays. And, although this new route is a limited-stop service that has only three stops in Norwood and vicinity (Linden Point, Surrey Square, and Montgomery Rd.@ Dana Ave.), it does stop right in front of XU before it swings over to the hospital district, UC, and downtown.

However, Norwood is also served by the #4 which heads straight downtown and the #51 Crosstown, which not only stops at XU, but will provide the OP travel to Oakley Square, the Gaslight District and Northside, all three being popular hangouts for young people. And, unlike Metro*Plus, both the #4 and #51 run seven days per week, including holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 04:30 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Right now "Metro*Plus" runs only on weekdays. And, although this new route is a limited-stop service that has only three stops in Norwood and vicinity (Linden Point, Surrey Square, and Montgomery Rd.@ Dana Ave.), it does stop right in front of XU before it swings over to the hospital district, UC, and downtown.

However, Norwood is also served by the #4 which heads straight downtown and the #51 Crosstown, which not only stops at XU, but will provide the OP travel to Oakley Square, the Gaslight District and Northside, all three being popular hangouts for young people. And, unlike Metro*Plus, both the #4 and #51 run seven days per week, including holidays.
Thanks for chiming in, as you obviously know the territory.

The Metro*Plus sounds good for someone located convenient to its limited stops, but as you point out a local route may be more convenient for someone only going a short distance. Norwood to XU is not a long trip.

Would you have any specific recommendations for the OP relative to apartment locations in Norwood? I get the feeling Norwood is frequently overlooked as not being a happening place. Happening is just fine, but in the long run what is desired is affordable, convenient, clean, and safe. For the few times a month it actually occurs, you can make your own happening by traveling there, especially if by bus.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 657 times
Hello!

Your post caught my attention because I am 22, moving to Cincinnati for a job, and have been living in DC for the past few months as well completing an internship. I have been dealing with the same things you talked about in terms of finding a place to live. I wish I could be as close to downtown as possible, but I also want to avoid certain areas, as well as find a place with young professionals & a good night life.

I don't know anyone in Cincinnati who needs a roommate at the moment, but I wish I could find someone as that would cut down in the price of rent. Let me know of any information you happen to get or if you find a place that is decent. Looks like we are in the same boat!

Old 01-25-2014, 09:48 AM

30 posts, read 144,075 times
Northside or the Clifton Heights/Clifton area are all I can think of that fit this description?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: