Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 09:54 AM

71 posts, read 69,574 times

Advertisements

Hey there folks,

I would like to know a great place where me and my wife can party hard this new year's eve!!! I m living in downtown and got a car so I have no problem with going anywhere. We just had our first daughter and my mother in law is here and that's why we couldn't travel out of town. Still we want to party hard that night.

I know a lot about most of downtown clubs ( Mynt,Iggby's etc..) I just need an experienced cincicnnati resident to guide me. What would be the best place that plays house music/trance. I heard about q102 radio event. heard about century 20 or something like this in hyde park.

I want to know what will be the best spot. Please reply ASAP so as to make reservations.

Merry christmas all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 02:18 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Can't give you any advice on partying. Everyone has their own fashion to celebrate New Years. Ours is to have plenty of odd things to eat at home. One is a healthy dose of pickled herring, either plain or in cream sauce. To consume these we need rye krisp crackers. To round out the taste we need some smoked gouda cheese. Being Germans we must also have some hard salami. After snacking most of the evening along with some libation, we frequently retire well before the actual New Years. This is what you do when you get old.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:41 PM

No I mean websites advertising stuff like metro mix . I want to know if there are links for all the parties of New Year's Eve.

I specified saying that I want to have a place playing house/trance music and good atmosphere.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:48 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,751,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Can't give you any advice on partying. Everyone has their own fashion to celebrate New Years. Ours is to have plenty of odd things to eat at home. One is a healthy dose of pickled herring, either plain or in cream sauce. To consume these we need rye krisp crackers. To round out the taste we need some smoked gouda cheese. Being Germans we must also have some hard salami. After snacking most of the evening along with some libation, we frequently retire well before the actual New Years. This is what you do when you get old.
Well, if it's anything like Christmas Eve, you'll find people sitting at home messing with computers. Somewhere around 4:00-5:00 p.m. I started looking through Christmas cards for people and sent out about a dozen. By about 10:00 p.m. I had a half dozen thank you notes....

Old 12-25-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
Well, if it's anything like Christmas Eve, you'll find people sitting at home messing with computers. Somewhere around 4:00-5:00 p.m. I started looking through Christmas cards for people and sent out about a dozen. By about 10:00 p.m. I had a half dozen thank you notes....
That is because the alternatives are so lame in themselves. Have to get off here now, go bathe, shave, and the rest to go out for dinner this afternoon. Years ago we would never have dreamt of going out for Christmas dinner. But as you get older, and the preparation of a Christmas dinner becomes a larger obstacle, your opinion changes.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, and we will be looking forward to our noneventful New Years at home.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:36 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Milton's Prospect Hill Tavern.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Milton's Prospect Hill Tavern.
Hey a solid recommendation. And from what you have said previously should be a good one. How late do they party? Is it a wham-bang it is New Years and everyone leaves 15 minutes later, or does the partying go on later into the night?

I was not always this old and remember some New Years celebrations where they served us breakfast at dawn on New Years Day. Now those I remember.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:47 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Hey a solid recommendation. And from what you have said previously should be a good one. How late do they party? Is it a wham-bang it is New Years and everyone leaves 15 minutes later, or does the partying go on later into the night?

I was not always this old and remember some New Years celebrations where they served us breakfast at dawn on New Years Day. Now those I remember.
They will be open until 2:30 and it will be jam packed until last call. A very fun place with a very cool crowd.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:39 AM

Where is the Milton project hill tavern ? Can you tell me more about it ?

Old 12-25-2013, 12:23 PM

410 posts, read 586,627 times
Milton's is on the corner of Milton & Sycamore in Prospect Hill, just north of Liberty. It's a fun place with an eclectic crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: