Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 06:18 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,087,268 times

Advertisements

I noted the Allegheny County, PA website for building assessments has detailed information about every property in that county. Everything from the condition of the structure to the quality of the build to taxes, number of rooms, lot size etc.

County of Allegheny Office of Property Assessments

Do any of the county sites in the Cincinnati area either on the KY side or OH side offer this information? I have checked the Kenton County site but you have to register and apparently pay to get information that should be free to the public since this kind of information should be available to anyone that wishes to view it. Oswego County, NY has something like the above and that information is also free to the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 06:38 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Hamilton Co. puts at least an exterior photo of the house on their website.

Warren Co doesn't have any photos, just a dimensioned sketch. But I like their site overall from the standpoint of years of tax evaluation history and sale value history. Let's me see the trend a home is going in. General property description is also pretty good, but they stop short of construction evaluation and such things. I would think that could become a sticky wicket.

I browse through Butler, Warren, Hamilton, and Clermont property data sites in Ohio. They are all free as they should be.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:42 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Hamilton Co. puts at least an exterior photo of the house on their website.

Warren Co doesn't have any photos, just a dimensioned sketch. But I like their site overall from the standpoint of years of tax evaluation history and sale value history. Let's me see the trend a home is going in. General property description is also pretty good, but they stop short of construction evaluation and such things. I would think that could become a sticky wicket.

I browse through Butler, Warren, Hamilton, and Clermont property data sites in Ohio. They are all free as they should be.
Not sure whether I answered your question. I find the Ohio country property search websites to be adequate for what I am normally searching for, details on property taxes, county evaluations, special assessments, a basic description of rooms, sizes, general construction, etc. Gives me the data I need to compare it to the house down the street. What I take specific note of are value history and sales history. Sales history tells you what this property has been selling for, either no sales since they started to record them online or a lot of sales. Each has its own connotations.

Some of the things you alluded to in PA, I would not want to be seen done here. Things like specific evaluation of construction, materials used, etc. I believe this can lead to a whole lot of graft and corruption in the county office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati