Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 06:44 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi in cinci View Post
I really hate to see a local business fail. Hopefully she will be able to pull this out...a partial payment was made today.
I don't believe anyone wants it to fail. Let's just say Ms Rodgers has consistently shown poor management decisions, including hiring an employee who steals $80K from her. Doesn't give a lot of confidence she can be successful here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 07:29 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,500,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I don't believe anyone wants it to fail. Let's just say Ms Rodgers has consistently shown poor management decisions, including hiring an employee who steals $80K from her. Doesn't give a lot of confidence she can be successful here.
A lot of places hire employees who steal. I have never seen an employment application that included the question, " If hired, do you intend to steel from this business?"

Do you put down every business as much as you are this one, that has had an employee who has stolen from the company?

Old 03-06-2014, 07:54 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,037 times
The restaurant should have been bonded. So the 80k should have been reimbursed by the insurance company. If it was not. That would be just another bad oversight by the owner and the city.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:22 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
A lot of places hire employees who steal. I have never seen an employment application that included the question, " If hired, do you intend to steel from this business?"

Do you put down every business as much as you are this one, that has had an employee who has stolen from the company?
If the only problem with this business was theft on the part of a single employee--and that theft were covered by a bond as it certainly should have been--nobody would be having this conversation. Seriously.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Yes, if they were not bonded even a more pronounced aspect of poor management.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:07 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Yes, if they were not bonded even a more pronounced aspect of poor management.
And an even more terrible job of the city for not requiring that for any package they gave.

I do hope this business fails...I hope the city gets out of giving money to businesses to open up (tax breaks are fine...but it's not the city's job to give cash to prop up a new business). I then hope they open the space up to allow whatever business has the ability to make it there open up. Whether it be a chain or local place. That is a great spot between 2 great places in the Tin Roof and The Holy Grail.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 AM

59 posts, read 111,568 times
This editorial appeared in yesterday's Cincinnati Enquirer. I got a big kick out of it, hope you do also.

Who does Young work for - the people or Mahogany's?

Did I miss something? Does Wendell Young still work for City Council and therefore the people of Cincinnati, or Liz Rogers and Mahogany’s (“$80K theft cited in Mahogany’s fiscal woes,” March 5)? Over the last couple of weeks it is hard to tell.

If one didn’t know any better, one could almost construe his posturing as his having a personal interest in the business. He is willing to consider forgiving the debt! Assure her success! He seems awfully involved. Maybe he should try to help her by trying to find the elusive financial manager that allegedly absconded with $80,000.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:48 AM

^^ Over and over, this deal continues to have a stink to it. There is good reason to wish a local business success. There is also good reason to demand good business practices be adhered to when public money is involved.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:42 AM

1,776 posts, read 1,871,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Apparently some guy named Damion Lynch stole $80k from the business. The report was filed weeks ago.
What an unfortunate name for a manager of an AA owned business.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,542,514 times
Mahogany's is closed. Apparently shuttered the state for failure to pay sales taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati