Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 05:43 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times

Advertisements

Maybe that mysterious manager that embezzled all of her money got the sales tax money too. She should tell the ODT that one. And, her dog ate the sales tax returns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 06:22 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Maybe that mysterious manager that embezzled all of her money got the sales tax money too. She should tell the ODT that one. And, her dog ate the sales tax returns.
I just wonder how many more years the Mahogany's shenanigans are going to keep raising my blood pressure. The last excuse was the cold winter, maybe now it's that the summer hasn't been hot enough.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:35 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,548,295 times
I saw this on the news the other night... they are behind on their loan payments to the city, they have not turned over state sales tax that they collected...

Its pretty much a joke (a sad one, not funny) that this has been continued to go on so long..

Old 08-27-2014, 06:46 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t45209 View Post
Mahogany's is closed. Apparently shuttered the state for failure to pay sales taxes.

oh, wow. well that's the end of that.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post

Not by a long shot. This sad chapter in reverse discrimination by the City is not nearly over. There is more money to lose, more accusations and recriminations to be made, and more bad food and service to be had. I have the popcorn out and can't wait to see David Mann (aka Pappy O'Daniel - from O Brother) step up on to the stage and give a helping hand with other peoples' money.

For the entertainment of those who do not know Pappy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYzy9-QWj6o

Old 08-27-2014, 09:47 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post

I have to agree with Wilson, this fiasco is not over. The new advisor, Nat Comisar hasn't even gotten off the ground yet.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I have to agree with Wilson, this fiasco is not over. The new advisor, Nat Comisar hasn't even gotten off the ground yet.

Actually, that would be Michael E. Son of the original owner Mike Comisar. First cousin of Nat Comisar (who oversaw the demise of the Maisonette), and now a real estate agent in Cincinnati.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:59 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Actually, that would be Michael E. Son of the original owner Mike Comisar. First cousin of Nat Comisar (who oversaw the demise of the Maisonette), and now a real estate agent in Cincinnati.
OK, so I get my Comisars mixed up. What I read said he would function as general manager of Mahogany's. You line up a high profile person such as he and then get shut down for not paying your sales tax receipt bill to the state. How lame is that. Of course Comisar should see his first order of business is to assume overseeing of the finances.

I am reasonably sure the money to pay the sales tax bill will materialize. Too many people have their you know what hanging out in the wind on this deal.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
OK, so I get my Comisars mixed up. What I read said he would function as general manager of Mahogany's. You line up a high profile person such as he and then get shut down for not paying your sales tax receipt bill to the state. How lame is that. Of course Comisar should see his first order of business is to assume overseeing of the finances.

I am reasonably sure the money to pay the sales tax bill will materialize. Too many people have their you know what hanging out in the wind on this deal.

Agree. And, Michael's first concern is that he not be identified as a "responsible person" under IRC 6672. I think it is pretty well accepted that if there are unpaid IRS payroll taxes, even from before, any subsequent disbursement of funds that does not pay the taxes first subjects the person with check signing authority to the 6672 penalty (which is equal to the unpaid taxes). Let hope Michael has his lawyers on this one.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:31 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,999 times
Glad it's finally closed...shame on the city for wasting tax payer money...if a business can't get the necessary capital on their own, that should tell anyone that they are not a sound investment. The city should not be in the loan business.

It's a prime spot...hopefully a good sound restaurant/bar choice is put into that space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati