Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 07:52 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,549,353 times

Advertisements

Sorry to revive a dead thread -- but saw a headline that the city has decided to forgive at least some of the loans..

I don't have an Enquirer subscription, so I can't read the full article.

Anybody know any of the details? Just curious why the city decided to let it go? (I mean, sure, if she was insolvent, they weren't going to get anything, anyway... but still....)

?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 08:04 AM

610 posts, read 797,132 times
You can clear your internet cookies to read any article on the Enquirer website or read the Biz Journal article

?Cincinnati city manager agrees to deal with Mahogany's owner on outstanding debt - Cincinnati Business Courier

Old 03-18-2015, 09:40 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,549,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
You can clear your internet cookies to read any article on the Enquirer website or read the Biz Journal article

?Cincinnati city manager agrees to deal with Mahogany's owner on outstanding debt - Cincinnati Business Courier
Thanks! Good tip on the cookies - hadn't thought of that!

Old 03-21-2015, 01:05 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
An absolutely intolerable situation with Liz Taylor. Forgive her 2/3rds of the loan obligation to the city? Where can I get a deal like that? And let her start up still another food operation? Again, where can I get a deal like that. No wonder Cincinnati still keeps going backwards. Is the City going to confiscate all of the goods, furnishings, etc. that loan purchased? My guess is NO. Any wonder why people rip the City off continuously?

Then in another thread someone wants to make a huge deal out of a whirlwind vote to grant P&G a big advance in Mason. Guess which one I will go with to advance Cincinnati?

Old 03-21-2015, 01:11 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
This Liz Rogers is just a piece of sludge.

But, at least the race preference cabal in Cincinnati is small time, losing only a million to prefer some race driven business this time. Small potatoes by comparison to what has happened elsewhere. Will it be a lesson? Sure . . until the next apparently deserving black "entrepreneur" with a bad idea, no money, but good contacts in City Hall comes along.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:51 PM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
This Liz Rogers is just a piece of sludge.

But, at least the race preference cabal in Cincinnati is small time, losing only a million to prefer some race driven business this time. Small potatoes by comparison to what has happened elsewhere. Will it be a lesson? Sure . . until the next apparently deserving black "entrepreneur" with a bad idea, no money, but good contacts in City Hall comes along.
After hearing the latest problems surrounding her personal life and also the new deal that has been struck to let her start two new businesses in Cincy, I would have to say that the people at City Hall are viewed as Chumps by many and the tax payers are getting the short end of the stick again. Pathetic. How can anyone take City Hall seriously if they are going to keep making the same errors in judgment over and over again?

Old 03-21-2015, 04:05 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Easy, they are the Lamebrains and she the genius If you can't figure that out need to go back to school a little longer.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:15 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
After hearing the latest problems surrounding her personal life and also the new deal that has been struck to let her start two new businesses in Cincy, I would have to say that the people at City Hall are viewed as Chumps by many and the tax payers are getting the short end of the stick again. Pathetic. How can anyone take City Hall seriously if they are going to keep making the same errors in judgment over and over again?
She does not live in the city and I didn't read anything about her opening these MOBILE trucks in the city of Cincinnati. Please share the facts so we don't know.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:45 PM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
She does not live in the city and I didn't read anything about her opening these MOBILE trucks in the city of Cincinnati. Please share the facts so we don't know.
She is quoted in the following story that the business is going to be in Cincinnati.

Mahogany's owner launches "Creamalicious" after city forgives pa - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Old 03-21-2015, 05:33 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
She is quoted in the following story that the business is going to be in Cincinnati.

Mahogany's owner launches "Creamalicious" after city forgives pa - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV
One can assume with her credit record NO ONE (except her corrupt cronies in City Hall) would lend her money, so where is she getting the loans to buy these trucks? I've read they can easily run in excess of $100K each. I suspect she's run some kind of scam with the City of Cincinnati money, maybe involving the manager she claimed stole from her, and that we taxpayers will actually somehow be the ones bankrolling them.

Really, about all you can do now is sit back and watch this woman fail at any enterprise she takes up. Maybe eventually she can rise to her personal level of incompetence and start selling ribs off one of those oil drums made into a grill from her backyard.

Ugly? Yeah, but I hate when people take my tax money and play me for a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati