Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 06:34 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,077,735 times

Advertisements

I am thankful that I did not buy a home in the city of Cincinnati. At least there does not seem to be this kind of nonsense going on in Covington or for that matter the cities and towns in NKY. Yes, no question the tax payers in Cincinnati are getting a raw deal yet again. How long before the city becomes insolvent is the question I have to ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 08:51 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,542,442 times
Saw something on the news on Friday(?) that she was turning herself in for some sort of "impersonating police" (I don't think she was charged with anything). Apparently this was in relation to the fact that her car was being repossessed - and she held them off long enough for her husband (?) to get the cash.

So at least she has a car. I feel that much better, knowing that.

I guess her new operations (food trucks?) are going to be operating around OTR. Yay. I would have eventually tried her location at the banks, if I'd never heard anything about her. But honestly, I have to say now that if her truck were the only food in front of me, I'd walk away hungry. Just don't like giving my money to people who specialize in gaming the system.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:08 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,541,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
Saw something on the news on Friday(?) that she was turning herself in for some sort of "impersonating police" (I don't think she was charged with anything). Apparently this was in relation to the fact that her car was being repossessed - and she held them off long enough for her husband (?) to get the cash.

So at least she has a car. I feel that much better, knowing that.

She was booked...on a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a police officer.

This story had a lot odd turns. At first it was reported that she said the car was paid off and not subject to repossession. Maybe, but perhaps the car was put up as collateral for something else.

Then, her attorney was all over the airwaves saying that the repo man made it all up to capitalize on her notoriety for his own benefit. Why he would do that, no one had any answers for. In fact, her attorney was saying that they were preparing legal action against the repo man for defamation. So, if all that was true, why then does she turn herself in to police? That pretty much wipes out the first story. West Chester police charged her with a the misdemeanor. I guess her attorney found out that she did impersonate a cop and decided that this was the quietest way to make it go away.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:15 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,460,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t45209 View Post

This story had a lot odd turns. At first it was reported that she said the car was paid off and not subject to repossession. Maybe, but perhaps the car was put up as collateral for something else.

Then, her attorney was all over the airwaves saying that the repo man made it all up to capitalize on her notoriety for his own benefit. Why he would do that, no one had any answers for. In fact, her attorney was saying that they were preparing legal action against the repo man for defamation. So, if all that was true, why then does she turn herself in to police? That pretty much wipes out the first story. West Chester police charged her with a the misdemeanor. I guess her attorney found out that she did impersonate a cop and decided that this was the quietest way to make it go away.

The threat against the repo man was a tactic to make him drop the charges, which a victim of a misdemeanor can do. Her lawyer knows that the repo man will not want to get his own lawyer and go to court and get his employer in trouble. So, he makes the threat and may actually file this baseless suit. It is a serious deficiency in our system of justice that a person with a bully for a lawyer can walk from what is usually regarded as an offense deserving punishment.

Yet another example of Liz Rogers' thuggery.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:21 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,053 times
A repo man can't take possession of a car while the owner of the car is in bankruptcy.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
A repo man can't take possession of a car while the owner of the car is in bankruptcy.

Who is in bankruptcy?

Old 03-23-2015, 08:21 AM

You all seem to know everything. You tell me?

Old 03-23-2015, 08:23 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,542,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t45209 View Post

Thanks for summarizing.

I wondered why she would turn herself in if there were no charges. I did see the lawyer's bit about how this was all publicity for the repo man (seriously, most repo men are not looking for publicity!) - which again, I totally dismissed because she wouldn't have "turned herself in" if there wasn't something going on.

She is most assuredly a piece of work.

Really sad that the government of Cinci has picked her as a person to champion, when I'm sure there are numerous struggling entrepreneurs that never get past the gatekeepers.

At least in this one situation, the fact that I don't live in Cinci (therefore I did not pay taxes to Ms Rogers) is in my favor.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:50 AM

No entrepreneurs should get past the gatekeepers. This is none of the City's business. they mess up everything they try. That is why they are politicians. Because they are incompetent to do anything else.

I heard the City Manager on the radio (550) this morning and he sounded like a complete idiot. He kept saying that the reason they let Liz Rogers off the hook was because "they got a UCC" which is a national report showing she did not have anything to get. What a total moron. A UCC report means nothing as to her ability to pay. At most, it might show that there were some creditors with liens. Nothing more. He sounded like he had never had to evaluate anyone's credit before. What a doofus.

What they should have done was make her put up an affidavit, swearing under oath the total accuracy of a financial statement showing every one of hers and her husband's assets and liabilities.

But, the City Manager would not know that because he is an ignorant bureaucrat.

Last edited by Wilson513; 03-23-2015 at 09:01 AM..

Old 03-23-2015, 03:19 PM

Mahogany's deal best outcome for city

Like I said the new businesses was not in the city of Cincinnati. You guys are setting yourself up for slander.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati