Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 12:37 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
You can't be serious?
I am...every time I saw the place when I am in the Banks, its by far the slowest...I've never seen it busy there. Crave, Holy Grail, Jefferson Social, Lagerhouse, Yardhouse...they have always seemed to be busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 04:44 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,037 times
Developers threaten Mahogany's at the Banks with eviction - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Old 02-20-2014, 04:54 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
Hey, isn't it a great public policy testimony to the absolute affirmation of the Cincy City Council's ability to bless their decisions for the future.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:31 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,884 times
Quote:
Do you really think every grant and loan they gave out all panned out except this one???? From what I understand Mahogany is not in default They maybe just be behind a payment or two like Toby Keith. Their busy season is just around the corner.
No, there have been a bunch of handouts just over the last few years that didn't, as you say, pan out. That's the point. There are so many of them that it's pretty obvious it's a pattern. Google the Glencoe Place fiasco for a start. Of somebody refresh my memory on the theater rehab scammer. I've forgotten his name.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Most business owners get loans and startup cash through banks...Banks only lend money to those they know have a good history of paying loans back...no bank would loan to the owner of Mahogany's...that alone tells you the city definitely shouldn't have.
It's BS to push for a certain group to own a business...if they want to own one there, they should come up w/ their own financing and do it the way that every other business does. City gov't should never lend money to a business...tax abatements and tax breaks, sure...but its not the job of the city to be a bank...especially when real banks already established that this owner was an extreme credit risk.
Obviously no one cares for soul food or the place would be busier.
People like soul food. They just don't want to pay upscale prices for it in a place with questionable service.

I recall a few years back they were charging $16 for four chicken wings on a waffle. Probably $18 or $20 now. That's a flawed business model.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
OPINION: Cincinnati needs inclusion 'czar' | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

You can sort of see why the loan and grant was given. I do not have a problem with that.
By the way, I'm curious about your perspective. Do you pay property tax within the City of Cincinnati, and depend on the City for essential services? Not meaning that everyone doesn't have a right to an opinion, just wondering where (literally) you're coming from. I absolutely want my tax money spent on something other than these endless handouts for failed and nonexistent projects.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:44 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,037 times
I don't live in the city. I live in Silverton. So the only tax I pay to Cincinnati is the school levy for Cincinnati Public schools.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Over 50K in back rent. 10 days to pay up. Hummmmmmm, sounds like a million dollars of Cincy tax payers being flushed down the toilet!!!

Glad I am not living or working in the city. But love the politics, always have.

Gee, I hope the trolley does better

Old 02-20-2014, 08:50 PM

688 posts, read 1,117,104 times
Quote:
Do you really think every grant and loan they gave out all panned out except this one???? From what I understand Mahogany is not in default They maybe just be behind a payment or two like Toby Keith. Their busy season is just around the corner.
talking about the 'inclusion czar' not the grant to Mohogany's

Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 AM

368 posts, read 638,644 times
i can imagine what bill cunningham is saying about this..ill have listen to regular radio on monday on my drive to work..cicninnati politics is the best theater there is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati