Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 PM

528 posts, read 823,584 times

Advertisements

Now that most of the snow has melted the litter along the northern side of I-275 really shows up. I am sure car drivers and passengers are responsible for some of it, but from the size of some of the things along the road and in the medium it comes from trucks headed to the Rumpke Landfill. I have personally seen trash flying out the back of garbage trucks and out the top of container truck almost every time I drive the stretch between Colerain Ave and I-75. It's not just the large trucks, two weeks ago there was a pickup truck a ways ahead of me with a mattress in the bed. All of a sudden the mattress flies out of the bed and lands in the center lane right at the west bound Route 4 exit. On a couple of other occasions I have seen empty sidewalk salt bags fly out of pickup beds and one of those large 20 gallon storage bins. You add in all the shredded truck tires and car bumper caps (I see those all over tri-state interstates, why don't they pick those things up) along the way it gets a little ridiculous.
The local and state LEO's are always on that stretch citing drivers, I just wonder if they ever cite trucks and individuals for littering or failure to secure their loads. I have seen prisoners out there gathering trash on several ocassions but, it's a never ending job. Sorry for the rant, I will save my pot hole rant for another day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 08:42 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,943,199 times
Some people are just pigs and don't care because they are lazy. There is litter everywhere, fast food drive throughs are to blame for a lot of it, the garbage goes out the same car window it came in. Beer cans, plastic bottles, etc can be found on almost any street. Some states have deposits on cans and bottles, maybe Ohio should do the same.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:46 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
OP ...
Just press the State of Ohio to enforce the already existing anti-littering laws.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:29 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Some people are just pigs and don't care because they are lazy. There is litter everywhere, fast food drive throughs are to blame for a lot of it, the garbage goes out the same car window it came in. Beer cans, plastic bottles, etc can be found on almost any street. Some states have deposits on cans and bottles, maybe Ohio should do the same.

We certainly need to get the $0.10 for empty cans and bottles like some states have...It would be a great way to push recycling and could help this issue along w/ enforcing litter laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati